Saturday, July 22, 2023

Howdy-Hoe! Let's Garden by Janet


 Anybody out there gardeners? I will admit I am not. My Mom is though. Earlier this month I took a trip home to the Midwest to visit. She lived on a farm most of her life but in recent years, she moved to town. She gets her gardening fix by renting a city garden plot now. One early evening, we went out to the garden and I dutifully hoed the entire thing for her while she dusted her potato plants so the bugs wouldn't eat it all. I didn't enjoy the task much but I did enjoy talking with her as she told me all about each of the plants and what had happened to them since being planted. She really is into it and I'm glad she enjoys it. 

All that hoeing made me think of the Ai set SC0650 - His and Hers Gardeners. My Mom is a little more attractive than these two characters but it does capture my Mom's attitude as she gardens away. It makes me chuckle a little! In addition to this set, I used a green and white plaid mat from 5741-Valentines Paper Pack. I used several of the stamps in this set and combined them on a single panel by using masking techniques. I used Stamping Mask Paper from the Ai store which works really well for masking. I really love how you can combine stamps to make a scene this way.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you'll stop by the store soon for all your card making needs.



Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest 

3 comments:

Deb H. said...

A cute card that any gardener would feel lucky to receive. The attention to the grass and the sky add a lot texture to the landscape.

Sharon Caudle said...

This is so cute, Janet! I'm not a gardener either, but I've tried. This set is just so cute and I love the scene you've created with them! Your story about gardening with your mom made me sentimental. Enjoy those times!

Dandi93 said...

So fun, awesome scene Janet