Saturday, July 8, 2023

Making Spirits Bright by Janet


 It's July and you know what that means? Yep, it's time to break out your Christmas! I love July because I love Christmas and although we don't need an excuse to Christmas craft, it just feels so good to do it in July. I look forward to it like I do December so it makes Christmas come twice a year. 

For this card, I started by creating a foiled background of bubbles using a stencil and Deco Gel before running it through a heat process to adhere the foil. The colors in it make me so happy but if you've been paying attention, you know that I love bright colors and I enjoy blinging things up as well. This cute penguin image comes from 5192 - Penguin Cheer Set. I can't tell you how much fun I had coloring these guys with my markers. Then I used Dr. PH Martin's Bleed Proof White to create patterns on their hats and scarves. Finally I added a little crystal snow at their feet before I heat embossed the sentiment in gold. It certainly made my spirits bright! 

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you'll stop by the store soon for all your card making needs. 

Wishing you a very crafty day!


Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest 


2 comments:

Deb H. said...

Cute card. The bright color foiling adds to the celebrating penguins.

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh how cute, Janet! Christmas in July is so fun and so is your card! Love your foiled bubbles and adorable penguins!