Thursday, August 17, 2023

It's a Barbie World by Mercy Sauer

 Hello Ai family, Mercy here. Today's card was inspired by the Barbie movie. I wanted to use pink as the main color, and similarly to the past few weeks, I heavily relied on the color wheel. I opted for four colors, two sets of complementary colors, or colors that lie opposite from each other on the color wheel. The colors I chose are pink and yellow, and blue and orange. 

However, I decided to add a curveball. Let's take a look at the card.


Look at the card as a whole. When I look at the full card, I see that something is off. The ground color throws off the "flow" of the other colors. Use a blank piece of paper to cover the bottom half of the card. When I cover the ground, the pink, blue, yellow and orange all work together to create a scene that is pleasing and harmonious to the eye. Therefore, I think a neutral gray (with a hint of blue, i.e. the C family from the Copic line) would work better to tie the ground color together with the rest of the card. 


I hope you enjoy today's card! Looking forward to the next one, take care!


1 comment:

Deb H. said...

Thank you for the color lesson. Cute cards.