Sunday, September 17, 2023

Gnomes & Bees (because I love them both!) by Reneé Matarese

 Hello and Happy Sunday!

Do you love these new Gnomes as much as I do?
And, yes.  Just so you all know, I can see you furrowing your eyebrows and hear you muttering, "Well that's a silly question," in my head! lol!

Of COURSE you love them!



Gnomes live in the woods so I added lots of bees. Gnomes love flowers and so do bees, so I'd assume that Gnomes love bees too. The teeny little bee is from a retired freebie.  He sits on a flower that a sweet little bear is holding.  I only inked up the bee and placed him on the gnomes nose.  It wasn't easy, but it was worth it.  Maybe someday Bonnie will make us a full bee set with everything from a teeny little cluster of 3 bees that we could ink up as one, two or three...all the way up to larger bees that could be the star of our cards!




One very cool feature of this new Gnome set is that one of them is a Front and Back stamp which means you can create a window showing him from the front and on the inside of the card where you see his backside.



The same goes for the little bees from Birds and Bugs. Since some face left and some face right, you can make those F&B stamps too!



I love using clear acetate to make it look like certain images are flying or floating.  You just have to love bees!


B00, Y11, Y15, E33, E47, E53, YG13

3 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

This is the sweetest Gnome card ever!! I love the bee on his nose!! LOL!! So, so cute!! And of course you had me with the use of yellow!! :)

kReN said...

Oh my, this is cute. So excited because I have all the supplies needed. Thanks for the inspiration.

Deb H. said...

Very cute card. Love the papers used.