Thursday, October 5, 2023

Spooky Halloween Journal by Reneé Matarese

Hello Ai fans!

If you've been following along over the last two months then you know that I've been working on a trio of Halloween Journals for my son, daughter and for Art Impressions.

This is my son's completed journal.  His birthday is October 2nd (this past Monday) so he has grown up LOVING Halloween!  Here's a page by page flip through.



I decided to decorate the inside of the plastic storage case.  This is the front side where I used the Block Letter Dies letter D, (for my son's name) the 23 from Journal letter dies (for the year) and I mounted them on Double Stitched and  Nested Ovals.  There will be links for everything at the bottom of my post.


On the inside of the case I decorated the other side of what you see on the front.  Then you also see the cover of the journal.



The cover is one of my favorite "pages" but I guess that makes sense since it's what you'll see most of the time.


Let's check out the inside now.  Here are pages 1 and 2.  Lots of little pockets to tuck stuff into.




The thin little tags pull out to spell out All Hallows Eve.



The back of the Fox tag has a little pocket that I showed on a previous post, that holds cash.



Pages 3 and 4 with a little Peek-a-boo window!




Pages 5, 6 and 7 which include a fun fold out page making a 3 part layout.



This spread also contains a hidden element.



Pages 8,9 and 10.  The pumpkin is a gift card holder.  This time I added some cash instead.  It works great for that too!



I apologize.  When I began my journal, the set with the mummy was still current.  It's since been retired but there are so many new sets with fun images that would work great here.






No comments: