Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Holidays Shaker Tags by Nina

 Hello Ai fans, Nina here and I am so excited to share with you today's project. I made these adorable Christmas shaker tags that you can easily recreate and use for your Christmas gifts. I used our recently released Mini Christmas Set and the Journal Template Die Set.



I started by Stamping all these cute images on a thick white paper using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and my Mini Misti and colored them with Copic markers.

I then cut all around the images leaving a white border all around which gives this chic finish to the images.

To create the shaker part I basically die cut two frames from the Journal Template die set and sandwiched the shaker beads in between both the frames. Let me explain in details.

For each tag I die cut the frame twice. I choose red cardstock to match my Christmas theme. for one of the frames I taped the inside rectangle to the outer frame from the back and then backed it with a scrap of paper to hide the tape, this would be the bottom background. I then glued this very light blue background.

To create a well for the beads to freely move in without falling out, I placed thin strips of foam tape on the edges of this bottom layer. Make sure they are too thin and place it on the outer edges only so that when you attach the top frame all the foam tape is hidden underneath.

I then poured the beads and placed a piece of acetate wide enough to attach to all the foam tape all around so the beads donot escape.

I then added glue on the edges of the acetate and placed the final frame on top of it.

Finally I attached all the images on top of the acetate with double sided tape.

I forgot to add the twine loops to be able to hang the tags before taking the pictures. If you keep them without the loop they are so cute to attach to the box of a gift or the mini gift card boxes. to make it a tag just cut a small twine and glue it to the back.





2 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

I love making tags for Christmas, Nina! These are absolutely adorable!!

Deb H. said...

Nina these tags are adorable. K