Sunday, March 31, 2024

Bonus Watercolor Weekend with Guest Designer Dot Freel!

 Hello Ai fans!

Happy Easter!!

As you know, every Sunday we have a Watercolor Weekend post from one of our fabulous Watercolor Design Team members. There are 4 designers because there are usually 4 Sundays in a month.
This month is special. Not only were there 5 Sundays, today is Easter Sunday!


We are so lucky to have former DT Member Dot Freel as our special "5th Sunday" Guest Designer.

She created a gorgeous Spring scene featuring a sweet bunny and a beautiful church because...it's Easter of course!

Let's hear all about Dot's card.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

It's been a while since I posted on my blog. I get to be a guest designer on the Art Impressions blog this weekend and was inspired by where I live now in beautiful Bella Vista, Arkansas. Spring is so gorgeous here with all the green and the white and purple trees blooming. There are also daffodils all over town. There are bridges and churches and lots of water here. I'm so happy I moved after living in the desert of Las Vegas, NV for 36 years. 


I started this by stamping the 5526 Footbridge Simple Scene. Next, I stamped the church on the hill from the 5058 WC Church set. I knew I needed color under the trees so the white would show up so I colored everything including the sky then stamped the smaller tree from the 5010 WC Tree set in the four places. I used the flowers from the 4052 Flower Set for the purple tree in Tombow 685. The yellow and pink flowers are the dots from that same flower set. The grass is from the 4051 Foliage set in front by the bunny from the 5737 Bunny and Chicks set. The foliage in the back is from the 5372 Mini Foliage Set. The white trees are made using the Dr. Ph Martin's bleed proof white. I hope you guys give this a try and tag me in it if you do, please. Happy Easter! 

Thank you so much Dot! We love your card.

Happy Easter everyone. Have a safe and wonderful day with your friends and family.



5 comments:

Lisa Jav said...

This is gorgeous!!

Hunky Dory said...

Wow Dot! What a beautiful Easter treat! Fabulous card!

Deb H. said...

Happy Easter.
Dot your card is beautiful. I love the trees being in bloom. A true sign of spring.

Karen Day said...

Such a pretty scene! Love having you do a guest spot with us, Dot!

Sharon Caudle said...

Absolutely beautiful, Dot! It's so nice seeing your posts on the blog again! Hope you had a wonderful Easter!!