Sunday, March 24, 2024

Watercolor Weekend March 24, 2024

Watercolor Weekend with Jami Steiger




Good morning Watercolor Weekend Friends!  

Spring time is my favorite time of the year.  The colors of spring are definitely the colors I love most, especially pink and teal.  For my first card I really enjoyed painting and adding in many details to make the 5432 WC Foundations Chairs look ready for spring with some darling animals from 5116 Basket of Blessings. This card looks simple but was honestly a little challenging because I had to mask off quite a few things in order to add the eggs, chick, bow and rabbit.  I love how it turned out.  To start  this card I stamped the chairs first being careful not to color the stamp where the chick and rabbit would be sitting.  Then I made masks for all of the pots and bowl using the Post-it cover-up tape.  There were some places on the chair stamp that I had to draw in with a pencil such as the back of the blue chair and the legs on the pink chair.  The beauty of these types of stamps is that not everything has to be perfect.  It just adds to the charm of the artwork.  After everything was painted, I added white details using Dr. Ph. Martin's Bleed Proof White and added two tiny rhinestones to the center of the flowers on the rabbit and flower that the chick is holding.  I then used a decorative die for the top and bottom of the watercolor painting and matted it onto gorgeous yellow gingham from 5838 Fall Paper Pack.

These are the following stamp sets that I used to make this card:  5488 Front Porch Easter (bow and basket of eggs); 5116 Basket of Blessings (chick and rabbit); 5432 WC Foundations Chairs; 4051 Foliage Set; 5007 WC Foliage Set 3; 5126 WC Foliage Set 4; 5126 WC Flower Set 5; 5475 WC Flower Set 6.  

Tombow Markers: 025, 991. 515, 401, 969, 603, 992, 977, 990, 569, 772, N55, 158, 947 and 177 (I used the same markers for both cards.)






For my second card I used the 5870 Peeking Bunny set.  This stamp set has so many adorable images.  I started this card by stamping many peeking bunnies and bunny butts onto watercolor paper. I had about six of each stamped onto the paper and I painted them in different shades of brown, gray and even a pink one that you see here.  I used the matching dies and cut out all of the bunnies.  Again I stamped a bunch of eggs onto watercolor paper and then painted and die cut each one.  For my card base of blue I ran the paper through a die cutter with a die plate to give a delicate petal detail .  For the white and blue layer I used paper from the 5892 Easter Paper Pack that I then die cut a decorative edge.  I used a peek-a-boo trio die for the bunnies to be peeking from.  Next I added some final details, pom-pom for the bunny butt, a velum leaf die cut, and the adorable eggs.  I hope you enjoy each of these cards as much as I enjoyed creating them!  If you have any questions, please ask.  






 

3 comments:

Deb H. said...

I love the added bunny and chick and Easter Egg basket to the Chairs. The peaking bunny card is adorable.

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful cards, Jami! The peaking bunny is just too cute!!

Joan V said...

Oh my goodness! I just love these cards. That chair card is amazing. I really need to get that set.