Saturday, March 23, 2024

Hippity Hop! by Janet

Easter is almost here and I'm making my last Easter cards. I am having fun creating window cards lately and this week I decided to make a pair of them using the super cute images from the 4754 Hoppy Easter Set. There are several adorable bunnies wearing their Easter finest and hugging their eggs. I used two of them plus the mini border of Easter eggs. The hanging egg is also in the set and it was perfect for the oval window and frames I cut from the 5727 Nested Oval Dies. The patterned papers on these are from the 5892 Easter S2 Paper Pack. I made the pink marbled backgrounds on watercolor paper with ink and then cut out the windows and trimmed them with patterned papers. The sentiments are from the new 5733 Easter Sentiments Set. The last little touches were a few gems and a crinkle bow.


The card base is created by folding a piece of 5 1/2" x 11" cardstock evenly in three panels on the long side. The window is cut out of the middle panel and the outer panel folds inside and becomes the background for the window. I put patterned paper on that panel before gluing it down behind the window. At that point the card opens like a normal side fold card. It's one of the first "fancy folds" I learned when I started card making but it works well and makes a nice little card.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you'll visit the store to see all the things you need for your card, journal, and tag making projects. Have a GREAT Saturday!

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest 

2 comments:

Deb H. said...

Cute cards. Love the colors.

Sharon Caudle said...

Adorable Easter cards, Janet!!