Thursday, May 9, 2024

Fun Gulls by Dori Mendiola

 Happy Thursday AI Friends

I have a fun card today that fits with the May Guest Designer challenge - "Anchors Away".  See the tab above for details.  I hope you will join in and play.  It's very easy, fun and you could win a free stamp set plus be a guest designer for a month.  


First I started with the background by ink blending distress oxide twisted citron and broken china onto a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock.  I misted with water to create the water spots and then partial die cut with a wave background die.  I used a piece of kraft cardstock for the beach and die cut with a hillside die.  I spotted with copic markers to mimic sand and the background is complete. 

Next, I stamped several images from the #5399 Gull-Friends set onto cryogen white cardstock  and colored with copic markers (see below for colors).  I die cut the images out with the corresponding dies that come in the set.  The tree stump is the log, turned sideways, from the #5055 WC Sitting Places set.  I stamped, colored and fussy cut two of the logs.  Trimmed a bit off the top of one of them and placed it at a slight diagonal just behind the other one.  I used foam tape to give it dimension and tied them together with twine.   The anchor and the flying seagulls are from the #5325 Sail Mini dies.  The sentiment is from the #5399 Gull-Friends set stamped onto a 1" circle die cut from the #5064 Double Stitched Circle dies.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you will join in on the challenges going on this week.

Have a great day!

Copics markers used: 
C00, C1, C3, 
E53, E55, E57, E59
R20, R22, 
Y13, Y15, Y17, 
B12, B14, B16
YR12, YR04, YR07, YR21, YR24
YG21, YG23, YG25

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Fun beach scene, Dori. Love these gulls!

Hunky Dory said...

Thx Cynthia!

Sharon Caudle said...

This is so awesome, Dori!! I love how you created your beach and water scene and your gulls are so cute! Your details are amazing as always!