Sunday, September 29, 2024

Scarecrow with Sunflowers and Floral Container




    



Good morning!  I love Watercolor Weekends.  This weekend I have a scarecrow with sunflowers and a wash basin full of flowers for you.

For the scarecrow card, I used the following stamps and dies:  5594 - Harvest Scarecrow, 4051 - Foliage Set, 5059 - WC Harvest Set, and 5724 - Nested Rectangle Dies.
The Tombow markers used are the following: 026, 228, 177, 565, 969, 856, 933, 947, 977, 992, 526, 312 and 879





This little scarecrow always makes me smile whenever I see it.

I wanted to make a card that looked like a scarecrow in a field of wild sunflowers.  I first stamped the scarecrow using 565 and 969 markers.  After the scarecrow was painted I used a stamp positioner to line up the milk container below.   I made masks for the container and the sunflowers to stamp a few layers of the sunflowers.  As I made this card I decided the scarecrow needed yellow hay sticking out like a real scarecrow and the grass/wheat stamp from the 5059 - WC Harvest set was perfect!  I think it adds a cute little detail.  Along the bottom of the card, I stamped some grass and painted small blue dots to look like wildflowers.  I used brown twine to wrap it around twice and tie it into a bow on the three layers of cardstock.  I used Dr. Ph. Martin's Bleed Proof White for the final touches to add small white highlights.  I attached the cardstock to a pretty orange plaid to complete the card.  





For the flowers in a container I used the following stamp sets: 5923 - Farmhouse Containers, 5917 - Floral Bouquet Set, 5925 - Honey Bee Set (honeycomb), and 5561 - Birds and Bugs 

Tombow markers: 565, 969, N60, 026, 177, 837, 679, 933, 946, 925 and 526





This was a fun simple card to create and I love the bug critters!  

I began by stamping the honeycomb stamp from set 5925 - Honey Bee using Tombow marker 026 on watercolor paper. Then, I pulled out the color from the lines to create a watercolor effect. Next, I stamped the wash basin onto watercolor paper and filled the basin with stamped flowers using Post-It white tape. To achieve the desired effect, I created a mask of the flowers. After stamping the flowers, I lightly painted each one and added deeper colors once they were dry. I die-cut the floral container with an oval die set. Before mounting the floral container painting to my card base, I wrapped a small ribbon around the honeycomb background, then mounted it to a card base and tied a small bow. Next, I stamped a bunch of bees, ladybugs, and butterflies onto watercolor paper, painted them, and then die-cut each bug. I added pop dots to the bugs, and the card was finished!

I hope you all enjoy the cards and are having a great weekend.  Thank you.




 



No comments: