Saturday, September 28, 2024

Grow Love by Janet


 Hello Ai fans! I love the work the watercolor team does but I lack the skills to do the beautiful paint work that they do. We all know that Ai has so many fabulous set designed to make watercolor easier but please don't think they can't be also used with other mediums like markers. If you're a watercolor person, you can try pencils and markers too. In other words, there are no limits for the artwork that Ai makes available to us, no matter what our preferred coloring tools. 

Today I've used several products that were designed with watercolor mainly in mind. First, I cut the base that holds the picture I colored using 5902-Mini Scalloped Frame Dies. What's so great about it is that it holds a small scene and has an easel so the frame can be displayed like a piece of art. It makes it a great gift! 

My scene was created with 5378-WC Stone Creek Scene, 5371-WC Barn Set, and 5372-WC Mini Foliage. I used a variety of green markers to color the pastures, crop land, and trees. I used several blue markers for the water and sky. Brown and red was used for the tree trunks and wind mill blades. The Stone Creek Scene is larger than the window of the display so I lightly drew in the window shape over the area I wanted to show and that helped me decide where to put the trees, bushes, grass, windmill, and cows. Then I cut it down to fit inside the card and display the intended scene. 

To finish this display, I stamped the sentiment on a small circle cut with 5726-Nested Circle Die Set. The sentiment is from 5734-Friend Sentiments Set. I attached the sentiment to the frame and decorated it with a twine bow and a small sunflower. I also placed a few gold glitter enamel dots in the lower corner of the frame.

Thanks so much for joining me to see what I created for you today. Please visit the Ai store for the sets I used and all the things you need for your card, journal, and tag making projects. Have a great weekend!

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest

No comments: