Blessings dear friends and welcome to my second edition of "Focus on Faith" for the month of August.
Every morning I wake up and I thank God for the gift of a new day! New Blessings! The other day I woke up and came downstairs, and while I was walking around with my morning cuppa tea, I caught a glimpse of the beautiful misty sunrise, and had to run out to capture it.
This photo I took is the inspiration for my card today. I will be taking you through a step by step tutorial of my process.
Step 1- colored in my background grass and tree line with a green alcohol ink marker onto Canson XL Bristol Smooth cardstock. I created a small circle mask with a circle punch out of post it tape and applied it above the tree line to mask out my sun.
Step 2- ink blended in some blue sky and some yellow for sunrise, then removed the circle mask, and ink blended some white pigment ink in the tree line for the mist.
Step 3- stamped the barn from #5011- WC Truck mini set, and colored barn with black alcohol ink marker.
Step 4- stamped in bushes from #4051- Foliage set and #5372-WC Mini Foliage Set with dark green inks.
Step 5- stamped in tree foliage with dark green ink.
Step 9- stamped in sentiment from #5127- Build My Life set, with stamping tool, in blue ink.
When I was done, I went back in and added some sparkle pen to the sun and tree line to look like the mist. I wanted to male my sun even whiter, so I added some Ph Martin's Bleedproof white ink to the sun with a small paint brush. I trimmed my panel down just a bit and then matted it to a dark green cardstock and then to a white panel. I popped that up over a panel of light green striped dsp from the #6072- Father's Day PP and a bow of green twine.
Here is my creation....
God Bless,
Sara Furr -The Crafty Farm Chick
No comments:
Post a Comment