Saturday, August 15, 2026

Pretty in Pink by Gennette Houghton

 


Hello, and Welcome to Watercolor Weekend!  Nothing like pretty pink florals to brighten someone’s day.  I went with full on pink for both of my cards today!

For my 1st card I was in the mood for some florals.  I know that our growing season will soon be coming to an end, so I am going to enjoy the bright colors while I still can!  I stamped both 5921 Glass Containers Set and 5918 Floral Long Stem Bouquet Set in Distress Ink Pumice Stone after stamping off, onto my watercolor paper.  For the flowers I used 837, and on the centers 947, and 969.  The stems and leaves I used 177.  For the glass on the container I started with 526 and then added some 565.  I used 969 on the counter and made sure I also used that color in the bottom of the container.  Adding a bit of 565 for a shadow at the base.  I used a pencil and ruler to add the boards, I wasn’t careful about this, I went right over everything.  I then took a kneaded eraser to lighten the lines inside the jar, and an eraser to remove any lines going over my image.  I then shadowed the boards with a touch of 565.  I then went in with a bit of Bleed Proof White to give some highlights on the glass. With dies from my stash I cut out my image and matted it onto pink cardstock.  I added some Wink of Stella to the bow, and matted my card base with paper from 6205 Floral Shop Paper Pack and assembled my card. 

Keeping up with the floral theme my 2nd card was created with 6222 Frameworks Set 4 and 6220 Sing to the Lord.  I used my stamp platform for both of these, inking in Distress Ink Vintage Photo, and after stamping off once stamped them on my watercolor paper that I cut down to 4 ¼ by 5 ½ .  For the frame I used 026, putting in a base layer and then adding more on the edges to give it some dimension.  I then added 817 to the flowers, starting off light and then building up layers in the shaded areas.  For the centers I used 947 first and then added dots of 969.  For the leaves and stems, I started with a base layer of 126 and then shaded with 177.  For the background I used 526.  I then used 565 to shade both sides of the frame to make it pop, and also underneath the flowers and foliage for a bit of dimension.  I had stamped my images off to the right side and I matted this onto my card base.  I then used paper from 6205 Floral Shop Paper Pack, cutting a strip that was 2 by 5 ½, and used a border die from my stash for a decorative edge.  I glued this on top of my watercolor paper to the right finishing off my card.  Thank you for joining me today, and I hope you enjoyed my cards.  Until next time, Create….Share….Inspire!





No comments: