Thursday, September 24, 2026

Halloween Farm Scene


Good morning, everyone! Today I am sharing a card using the newly released Country Side Series stamps from Art Impressions! This particular scarecrow stamp is made into a fall theme, but I changed it up and added some bats, spiders and added faces to the pumpkins for a fun Halloween card. This card was made using craft paper and colored pencils. I use both Faber Castell Polychromos Colored Pencils and Prismacolor colored pencils. You do not need both. I just have had a set of each for YEARS so I use them both together. I blend the colors with Gamsol (odorless mineral spirits, also known as OMS) and paper blending stumps. 



 I first stamped my two images onto the craft cardstock. Then I made masks for the barn and the top of the scarecrow fence scene out of some paper. I also secured a Tim Holtz moon mask, and then I ink blended some dark blue and dark grey ink around the edges of my paper. This created a nice and dark sky for a spooky nighttime scene. I went ahead and blended some white ink over the moon to create a glow on the moon and around it. The rest of the project was colored with colored pencils and OMS. I added spiders, bats, and webs for a little extra spookiness. I hope you like it! 

Materials Used

Stamps

  • 5601 Halloween Accessories Set
  • 6249 Country Chapel
  • 6254 FG Thankful Border
  • 6271 Flower Set 7
Paper
  • Craft Colored Cardstock
Markers, Inks & Pencils

  • Momento Ink Pad
  • Prismacolor Pencils, Polychromo Pencils
  • Odorless Mineral Spirits and blending stumps

No comments: