Saturday, September 26, 2026

Victorian Autumn Scarecrow Card and Autumn Treat Tag by Diane Mason

Hello, and welcome back for Watercolor Weekend!


Hello, my Ai Watercolor friends and fans! I have two fall projects to share with you today. The first card combines the new border scene 6254 – FG Thankful Border and 6250 – Victorian Shop Set. The second project is a Fall Treat Tag combining elements from 5492 - Front Porch Harvest Set and 5598 - Harvest Set.

Yay, it’s officially Fall! I’m looking forward to the cooler days, the colorful Fall leaves, cozy sweaters and flannel shirts, and all the yummy treats associated with Fall. 

Victorian Autumn Scarecrow Card:

The new FG Thankful Border (6254) and the Victorian Shop Set (6250) work beautifully together to create a lovely Autumn scene. All the new border sets and structures work well with each other; it’s fun to mix and match the buildings with the borders to create new looks. For this scene, I envisioned an old Victorian home all decked out for Fall! 

Colors and Supplies Used:

Paper: Canson XL Watercolor Paper

White A2 Cardbase

Patterned Paper: 5973 – Fall Series 2 Paper Pack

Brushes: No. 4 round brush, No. 0 round brush

Stamps & Dies:

  • 6254 - FG Thankful Border
  • 6250 - Victorian Shop Set
  • 5126 - WC Foliage Set 4
  • 4868 - WC Flower Set 2
  • 4964 - WC Branches Set
  • 5372 - WC Mini Foliage Set
  • 4051 - WC Foliage Set 1
  • 5507 - Harvest Together Set (sentiment)

Ink for stamped images: Versafine Vintage Sepia

 

Tombow Dual Brush Pens: 025, 026, 177, 249, 555, 565, 772, 847, 856, 925, 933, 942, 947, 969, 977, 990, 993, N35, N75

 

Other: Post-It tape, Brown and Red TwinTone Markers, and twine.


Stamping:

 

To begin, I die‑cut a 3.75" x 5" stitched rectangle from Canson XL watercolor paper. I stamped the scarecrow border (6254) in Versafine Vintage Sepia onto the die‑cut rectangle using a stamp platform, then stamped the Victorian house (6250) above it.



I used a branch from (4964) to stamp in a tree to the left side of the house inked in 969 and also along the fence. Just the top of the small vine from (5126) was used for stamping in leaves and vines. The grass is from (4051) and inked with 177. For the bushes in front of the house, I used the row of bushes stamp from (5372). For the flowers in the basket, I used the mums stamp, adding 177 to the stems and 856, 933, and 993 to the flowers and stamped three separate times.

 

Painting:

 

I brushed in the sky with a watery mix of 555. For the white details, I used Dr. Ph. Martin’s Bleed Proof White. 565 was used to darken the inside of the windows and also to add shadows throughout the painting. I used a gray TwinTone marker to add details to the roof, and a brown TwinTone to add details where needed.


Please refer to the above list of colors used and also the photo for reference for the other images in the scene.

 

Card Assembly:

I die-cut a 4.25” x 5.5” piece of patterned paper from (5973) using a stitched rectangle die and attached it to the card base front, and then adhered the painting.


Interior:

For the inside of the card, I die‑cut a 3.75” x 5” stitched rectangle of white cardstock and added a ¼” strip of leaf patterned paper along the top and bottom edges. Then I stamped the sentiments from 5507 – Harvest Together Set in orange and red ink.


This adorable fall card is ready to send to a friend to kick-off the Fall season!


Autumn Treat Tag:

Autumn brings lots of tasty treats like Caramel Apples and Pumpkin Spice everything! I made a cute tag and attached it to one of my favorite treats - a bag of Caramel Apple flavored Caramels! 


My bonus project combines images from 5492 - Front Porch Harvest Set and 5598 - Harvest Set. I love to shop my stamp stash and find new ways to combine images from different sets. The Front Porch series of stamps contain lots of hidden gems for many occasions and holidays.



I die-cut a piece of Canson XL watercolor paper using the large tag die from 5132 - Tag Stitched Dies. I inked the images with Versafine Vintage Sepia Ink. I stamped the scarecrow first and also created a mask. I stamped the hay bale next and then the basket of apples. I masked the apple basket too. With masks in place, I stamped the corn stalks in the background and a cluster of leaves behind the basket. Additional leaf clusters were stamped in the forefront. The sentiment stamped in brown is from 5600 - Harvest Sentiment Set.


Colors used: 025, 026, 055, 158, 173, 177, 555, 772, 847, 856, 910, 925, 933, 947, 977, and 992.


The decorative papers used to mat the tag are from 5973 - Fall Series 2 Paper Pack.



For the back of the tag, I stamped the sentiment (Treat Yourself!) from 5735 - Birthday Sentiment in Brown onto another die-cut watercolor tag. I also added leaves from 5598 to the bottom edge of the tag. Just add twine and your tag is ready for gifting!



Thank you so much for joining me for Watercolor Weekend! I hope you have enjoyed today’s projects. When you aren’t busy painting, be sure to get out and enjoy all that Autumn has to offer. Until next time, Happy Painting!



No comments: