Saturday, February 3, 2018

Watercolor Weekend Roundup - L - O - V - E


February may be the shortest month, but we are ready to pack it full with as much wonderful watercolor goodness as possible! The WC Guest Design Team is here with their love-inspired projects to give you ideas for your Valentines and cards! This just may be the most impressive Watercolor Weekend yet, so take a look!

Dot Freel - Instagram - Blog - Pinterest
Hello Watercolor Friends, I made this Valentine's day card for the Art Impressions Watercolor Weekend roundup. I used the basket from the 4871 - WC Rustic Container Set. I used two of the containers from the 4870 - WC Ornate Container Set. I penciled in the heart and then covered it with the tiny leaves from the 4867 - WC Foliage Set 2. I used the ivy and another foliage from that set as well. Two of the flowers were from 4052 - WC Flower Set 1. The grass and leaves are from the 4051 - WC Foliage Set 1. Lastly, I used the flower from the 4701 - Clay Pot set. 

Art Impressions Product: 4871 WC Rustic Container Set, 4870 WC Ornate Container Set, 4867 WC Foliage Set 2, 4052 WC Flower Set 1, 4051 WC Foliage Set 1, 4701 Clay Pot Set, 4773 - Acrylic Blocks, #4 BrushStrathmore 140lb watercolor paper
Marvy LePlume II Markers: 15 olive green, 6 brown, 32 laurel green, 72 pine green, 45 sepia, 50 ultramarine, 105 lt. teal, 20 magenta, 93 aubergine

Tricia Kennedy - Instagram
My project for today’s Art Impressions Watercolor Weekend is a sparkly floral “LOVE” card.

Start by cutting out the word LOVE (I substituted a heart for the letter o) with dies, an electronic cutter or stencil using Stamping Mask Paper. Adhere the word LOVE onto a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of watercolor paper. Stamp the leaves from the WC Foliage Set 2 in 15 Olive Green around the masked word LOVE. Fill in the area with the heart shaped flower cluster from WC Flower Set 2 in 9 Pink and the dot flower cluster from Garden Wagon Mini Set in 100 Sapphire. Finish stamping with the long leafy foliage from Garden Wagon Mini Set in 15 Olive Green around the edges for a soft wispy look. Pull the color from the lines using your brush and water. Add dot detail with 9 Pink and 100 Sapphirearound the foliage. Remove the Stamping Mask Paper and for that extra sparkle, add Star Dust Stickles to the word LOVE.

Happy Valentine’s Day! 



Marvy Le Plume II Markers: 9 Pink, 15 Olive Green, 100 Sapphire
Other: Star Dust Stickles, Stamping Mask Paper

Tricia O'Bin Blog - Instagram - YouTube - Pinterest - Facebook
I love doing this inlay technique that I saw done originally by Jennifer McGuire and I am absolutely obsessed. I made this clean and simple Be Mine Valentine card for Art Impressions Watercolor Weekend. I have been doing a LOT of winter cards (cuz it's my favorite season...yes, because of the snow LOL) so I figured I would do a flowery one for Valentines Day next week. This one is really simple to do.

Card Details:

I started off by using a piece of Canson XL Watercolor paper cut to 4 x 5 1/4. I used Altenew bold alphabet dies to cut out the "Be Mine" from 2 pieces of watercolor paper. I began by creating my flowers with Brilliant Yellow, Grape, Vermillion and Pink. I added water to the blooms. I used Olive Green and the vine to create the foliage. I added water to the foliage.
I used Artist Tape behind the words to remove them and keep all the pieces together. I added some stick it adhesive to the back. I kept the insides of the b and e and replaced them when I added the white letters that I cut earlier. I stamped "Valentine" with Versafine black ink on a piece of Gina K Designs Innocent Pink cardstock and popped it up between the Be and Mine.

I used a piece of Gina K Designs Lemon Drop cardstock for the mat cut to 5 3/8 x 4 1/8. I adhered the entire piece to a 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 card base.

Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you have a crafty day!

Art Impressions Products: 4051 Foliage Set 1,  4052 Flowers Set 2Canson XL Watercolor paper 
Marvy Le Plume II Markers: 43 Brilliant Yellow, 79 Grape, 49 Vermillion, 9 Pink, 15 Olive Green 
Other Supplies: Altenew bold alphabet diesValentineVersafine black inkGina K Designs Innocent Pink cardstock,  Gina K Designs Lemon Drop cardstock

Thanks, Team! These fantastic floral cards are really inspiring for all kinds of cards, especially for Valentines or friendship cards! Just too sweet! We love to hear what you think, so drop us a line in the comments below! By the way, if you are a beginner to our watercolor technique, or are interested in starting, check out our new beginner's guideHappy Stamping!

8 comments:

Dot J Freel said...

Got to say how much I love my co-designers stuff! Beautiful!

Karen @ Misplaced Mojo said...

All of these cards are beautiful, but I am smitten with this last card! So stunning!!!

Karen Day said...

I love Watercolor Weekends! You've outdone yourselves again, ladies!

Jil Lebel said...

Amazing Valentine card's! They are all so unexpected!

Cheri Burry said...

You guys always amaze me with your talent!

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful creations!! Love all three of them!

katieo said...

love these

Renee Matarese said...

These are all so beautiful!