Saturday, July 21, 2018

Watercolor Weekend Roundup - Blue Skies!

Hello, Ai Watecolor fans! Today we're celebrating blue skies with two beautiful projects! Take a look and be inspired by what our designers have in store for you!

Dot Freel - Instagram - Blog - Pinterest
Hello Watercolor Friends,

I always dream of being near a sandy beach and the ocean during the summer time. I wonder if others feel that way, too? So I made a scene by an ocean using a cabin from the 4962 - WC Rustic Cabins Set. I just sort of penciled in the rocky wall, trail and shore line then watercolored them using my palette. I used the Molotow 2.0mm masking liquid to leave some white space where my flowers would be. After it dried, I used the foliage from 5009 - WC Mini Flower Set to add the leaves, wiped off the masking liquid then painted in the little flowers. I used part of the fence from the 5011 - WC Truck Mini Set. I used the kite from the 4606 - Cottage by the Beach Set to add that whimsical touch it needed.

Art Impressions Products: 4962 - WC Rustic Cabins Set, 4606 - Cottage by the Beach, 5009 - WC Mini Flower Set, 5011 - WC Truck Mini Set, 4774 - Stamp positioner, 4773 - Acrylic Blocks, WC Brush No. 4, Watercolor Palette
Marvy LePlume II Markers: 45 sepia, 15 olive green, 86 African violet, 101 tropical, 17 steel blue, 44 lt. brown, 30 rosewood, 46 crimson lake, 43 brilliant yellow
Other Supplies: Molotow 2.0mm masking liquid, Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Paper

Tricia Kennedy - Instagram
My project for today’s Watercolor Weekend incorporates a Watercolor Resist technique to create a Silhouette Scene. It’s a quick, easy, fun and totally different way to use your Art Impressions Watercolor Stamps. 

Stamp the pail, bird, flowers and grass onto the watercolor paper in embossing ink. Add embossing powder and set with a heat gun. Scribble a little Olive Green and Salvia Blue onto your palette. Brush Olive Green in for the ground and Salvia Blue for the sky. Add several layers of color for depth and dimension. Be sure to take the color all the way up to, over and around the stamped/embossed image (I kept the pail completely white by not adding any color inside those lines). Use a paper towel to buff off the stamped/embossed lines once the color has dried.




Marvy Le Plume II Markers: 15 Olive Green, 60 Salvia Blue
Other Products: VersaMark Embossing Stamp Pad, Ranger Super Fine Detail White Embossing Powder

Tricia O'Bin - Blog - Instagram - YouTube - Pinterest - Facebook
After a recent visit to Foxwoods in CT, with my Mother In Law, I was inspired by some of the beautiful flower arrangements they had. 

I drew the large square vase with a ruler and my 45 Sepia marker. I softened the lines and added some additional 45 Sepia from my Watercolor Palette. I covered the bottom of the vase and stamped the cobblestone from the 5018 – WC Cobblestone Set below it inked in 45 Sepia. Next I added a couple of leaves from the 4867 – WC Foliage Set 2 on each side inked in 72 Pine Green. I inked up the top of the larger vine from the 5007 – WC Foliage Set 3 in 15 Olive Green and stamped it in front of the vase. To create the sticks at the top, I inked up one of the trees from the birch trees in the 4808 – Covered Bridge Mini Set in 45 Sepia. I repeated that process with another birch tree. I inked up one of the branches from the in 45 Sepia. To add a bit of color, I used the daisy bunch from the 4052 – WC Flower Set 1 inked up with 20 Magenta. I added them sporadically around the vase. I added some additional greens with 15 Olive Green using one of the vines from 5007 – WC Foliage Set 3. To add a background I used my Watercolor Palette and 3 Blue.

I hope you will join me and the other guest designers for Watercolor Weekend! We can’t wait to see your projects. Tag us and use the #AIWatercolor so we can see what you have come up with. Have a great weekend!!!

Marvy Le Plume II Markers: 45 Sepia72 Pine Green15 Olive Green3 Blue20 Magenta

Thanks, team! From crafting a large scene to spotlighting a main image with embossing and creating new shapes of containers, there is so much you can do with our watercolor stamps! We love hearing what you have to say, so be sure to comment to tell us what inspires you to create today! Happy Stamping!

4 comments:

Colleen said...

love dot's it is gorgeous

Cheri Burry said...

Once again you guys rock your watercolour cards!

Jil Lebel said...

Amazing work! You each did such a beautiful take on a blue sky and everything that's below them. It's been so rainy here in Florida, so it's nice to know that blue skies are still around!

Sharon Caudle said...

Wow, wow, wow!!! Gorgeous creations!!