Wednesday, June 24, 2015

A Fairy Happy Birthday by Dana Warren

Hello AI fans!!

Dana here today with a Birthday card! You can never have too many Birthday cards, right? 


I started with these black chevron pieces that were left over from a different project. They have been hanging out on my desk for awhile and i decided its time to use them!! 


For the background i pulled out a white card base and used a purple distress ink and ink applicator to ink up the card base. Next i flicked water all over and then let it dry.


Meanwhile, i stamped the front Fairy Spinner on white card stock and colored her with Copic markers. I used a little (ok, really a lot! hehehe!) Wink of Stella on her dress, shoes, wand, wings, earrings and hat!


Then i used the matching Fairy Spinner Die to cut out the front fairy. I also cut a small banner from white card stock and stamp the sentiment from the set.


Then its all just a matter of assembling all the elements. First i adhered the black chevron pieces on my inked background. Then i added the fairy and banner with foam tape!





Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a wonderful day!!


6 comments:

Karen Day said...

A very fun birthday card, Dana! I really love her hair - I bet this is wonderfully shimmery in person :o)

Sharon Caudle said...

you do such awesome backgrounds, Dana!! Love the splattered look on this and awesome job on using up scraps from other projects! Super cute card!

Charne said...

Great use of those 'left overs'! and super use of colour!

Cheri Burry said...

Love the idea of using a spinner but not in the "spinner" way! Would never have thought of that! And wink of Stella...... My favourite thing right now! Awesome card Dana!

diane zechman said...

Love those stripes, Dana! She is such a cutie...can't believe I haven't inked her up yet!

Kerry said...

Dana, this is awesome!!! Love the chevron background!!! Fabulous!