Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Cornucopia Card by Jil lebel

Hello Ai fans!

I love fall colors, so as soon as the new release came out I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Grateful Hearts Set. I really wanted to color the large cornucopia image.  I chose to paint it this time, but I'm sure I'll color it many different ways in the future because it might just be my favorite image from this new release.  I'm sure I'll feel that way about every image from this release.  I was also really happy to get a chance to use one of the five new die cut sets that were just released.


The large image from Grateful Hearts Set was stamped onto Canson XL watercolor paper with Coffee Archival Ink and painted with Daniel Smith Extra Fine Watercolors using a #1 brush.  The colors are listed at the end of this post. The image was then cut out with The New Rounded Rectangle A2 Double Stitched Dies.  It is mounted onto copper glitter paper and mounted again onto paper from the American Crafts Cedar Lane 6x6 paper collection. 


Daniel Smith Watercolor Color's used:
Cornucopia - Burnt Umber, Raw Umber
Grapes - Quinacridone Violet
Large Pumpkin - Transparent Pyrrol Orange
Tomato/ Orange - Quinacridone Red, Raw Umber, Sap Green
Gourds - Naples Yellow, Permanent Yellow Deep
Pepper - Quinacridone Gold
Eggplant - Cobalt Violet Deep, Sap Green
Acorns - Quinacridone Gold, Burnt Umber, Raw Umber
Corn - Cadmium Yellow Medium Hue, Burnt Umber, Napthamide Maroon, Hansa Yellow Medium

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!


3 comments:

Carol H. said...

Very pretty colors!

Cheri Burry said...

Another amazing creation Jil!

Dot J Freel said...

Love cornucopias! Lovely card.