Monday, August 27, 2018

Hot Java by Carol Hintermeier

Hello Ai Friends!

How's your Monday going?  Do you need some caffeine to get going?  I do enjoy a bit of coffee first thing in the morning!  As does Cathy Caffeine, taking a big sip of her coffee!

I stamped her in some brown ink and watercolored her in Distress Inks and a couple of Marvy LePlume II markers.  You'll find all the colors I used in the list below.  I'm really getting ready for fall, although we have at least another month of hot weather where I live!


Here are a couple of my "in progress" photos.  When I'm watercoloring the background like this, I think it's a good idea to tape down the paper to reduce any warping from the water.  If you've ever wondered how to watercolor Ai's people, Bonnie has a very good video HERE with some great tips to get you started!

   

I layered and popped up the die cut panel onto some pretty patterned paper.


Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful, crafty week!



7 comments:

katieo said...

Fun card for a pimpkin latte lover

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Renee Matarese said...

Super cute! My daughter and I were shopping yesterday and between candles and coffee...Pumpkin Spice is EVERYWHERE! Love everything about this!

~amy~ said...

LOL...love this!

Cheri Burry said...

"Cathy Caffeine" is one of my favourites and you've done an incredible job with her today! Love the way you watercolored her!

Dot J Freel said...

Love me some pumpkin spice and this card!

Jil Lebel said...

Gotta love this card! Your watercoloring is wonderful! It makes me want to break out my Distress inks, I haven't used them this way in a while.