Thursday, November 8, 2018

Need a HUG? FOUR New Twist Tie Sets Now Available! PLUS Challenge 245 Washi Tape



4 New Twist Ties

Send a hug to a faraway friend with our new Twist Ties! These clear stamp and die sets feature loving images that twist and tuck together, from Cats and Otters to Oldies and even beautiful Trees! Each set includes a sweet sentiment to spread the love! Be sure to see how these sets intertwine in our video from the Mixed Media Event! Keep an eye out for a new Quick Tips video tutorial next week! You can find these new sets at artimpressions.com today!

Cat Twist Tie   Otter Twist Tie Oldies Twist Tie Tree Twist Tie




Let's take a look at our feature from Dana today!

Hello AI fans!! Dana, here with a little tutorial featuring the new Oldies Twist Ties!! The challenge is to use Washi Tape and I did a little paper piecing while I was at it!! :)


I started by stamping the two images, once on white cardstock and then a few more times on different pattern papers.


Then I used my Spectrum Noir Markers to color the hair, skin and shoes of each lady. I used: EB5, EB6, FS3, FS6, FS9, GB2, GB3, GB4, RB1, RB3, RB4, TN2, YG1, YG2, YG3.


Next, I fussy cut around the parts that I wanted to paper piece. Then I used a black pen to color the white edges of each pattern paper piece. 


Then I just used liquid adhesive to adhere all the pieces down. The liquid adhesive allows me to move the different pieces around until they cover and fit properly. I use some clear blocks as a weight as the glue dries. 


I would recommend getting the Twist Ties Card & Envelope pack, it really saves time with the card base already at the right size. Since the challenge is to use washi tape, I made my backgrounds with a couple different rolls.



I added the tape horizontal on the left flap and vertically on the right flap. After doing one side I trimmed off the extra, then moved to the other side. But I did actually keep the ends, I thought I might use them on the inside of the card. 


Next, I did a quick stamp of each image on the washi tape, you can't see it in the photo because of the washi tape patterns. This allowed me to place the dies just right and hold them in place with more washi tape!! After die cutting each side, I used a damp towel to remove the ink, the washi tape is smooth and ink wouldn't really dry good on it, plus I would be covering it up anyway with my images. 


I added super strong double sided tape and liquid adhesive to the backs of my images. You definitely want something strong so it will stick to the washi tape good. I added clear blocks on top as it dried. 


For the inside of my card I added a light wood pattern paper and then stamped the sentiment, near the bottom. I die cut some music notes that come with the set and added them around the sentiment. Then with the left over washi pieces I added them along the top and bottom, trimming off the excess. I did not save those, lol!!


Last, all that is left is to hook the arm tab into the other lady. Since I have lots of layers, I used a sharp craft knife to cut through extra layers. 

Are you still with me?? LOL!! I hope this inspires you to get out and use up some of that washi tape I know you have laying around!! Happy Stamping!







Thanks, Dana! Such a cute project!
Time to kick off our new challenge! We want to see what kind of creations you like to make with washi tape! Washi tape comes in so many colors, patterns, and sizes and has so many uses. So, what are you waiting for? Show us what you got!

Here are the Challenge Rules:

✻ Please make a new card or creation. You can make any crafty item you wish; this is not limited to cards!
✻ Limit two submissions per person. You will receive extra votes if you use Art Impressions stamps!
✻ The Ai Challenge is open to everyone, international submissions are welcome!
✻ Include a link back to the Ai Blog or grab our button on the top right of our sidebar!
✻ Share the Ai love by clicking and commenting your fellow crafters.
✻ Make sure to get your link up by Wednesday, November 21 at 5:00 p.m. PST to enter your creations.
✻ Good luck and happy stamping!





Before we go, let's recognize the winners of last week's Lots of Layers Challenge!

Top spot goes to...

Congrats! Your layered card featuring our Latte Love gals is bursting with color pattern, and dimension. Email annelise@artimpressions.com with your address to claim your prize pack!

Honorable mentions go to...


Congrats, you two! Helen, we found your use of our Birthday Circlet really clever in this clean-and-simple yet fun birthday card! And Reetta, the way you stamped and cut Oscar multiple times and popped him up for a 3-D effect is really cool! (Visit her post to see what we mean.) Be sure to email annelise@artimpressions.com with your address and select a stamp set of your choice for a prize!

Thanks for joining our challenge, we hope to see you again soon for our Washi Tape Challenge!

Happy Stamping!

No comments: