Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Egg-Cellent!

Hello Ai fans!

Today I am working on a couple Easter cards.  I wanted to use my Mini Bunny Spinner Set.  I picked it up a while ago but I wanted to wait until closer to Easter to use it. Well ... it is getting closer to Easter, so what better time than now.


I knew I wanted to try and add three circles, but I also knew that I am not good at lining this up so I figured I would stagger the circles in case there were boo boo's.  The circles were from the Circle Double Stitched Dies. I really like how they turned out.
As you can see I die cut from both my card base and my pattern paper so they would line up once adhered together.  What I like to do when adding my thread I glue the thread to the inside of one image and then attach the matching image to the other.  From there I use double sided tape and place on both ends of the circle to attach my thread to, as you can see above.  From there I add glue all over and around the thread so I know it will be secure once all put together. Another trick I like to do is tape my card base down where the fold is so there is no reason for any slack with the thread.

 I finish it off by adding my card front to the panel.  Not hard at all, right?? And from here I decorate my card with all of the finishing touches. As you will see below I added some purple card stock to my image.  I stamped the sentiment "Happy Easter" from the Sweet Easter Set.


I thought it looked to plain with just the white strip with the sentiment on it so I Added some more purple to it.  I cut a very thin strip of purple, centered it ant framed out the phrase.  Don't you agree it adds to the sentiment?

'I made two so I could send them to my Mom and my Mother in Law.  I can't tell if I like the one that is more pink or the one that has more blue in it.  Which one do you like better? I know they are both the "same" but sometimes the shades of color matter ... I think I am going with the more blue card! You?

Here they are side by side again.  Happy Wednesday everyone!

Until next time ... Hugs & inky fingers!

Copics used:
BG000, BG01
BV000, BV00
RV10, RV11
Y0000, Y000, Y00


No comments: