Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Rainy Easter Blessings by Jil Lebel

Hello Ai fans!

I live in Florida which is known as the Sunshine State but we really get a whole lot of rain.  It's been downright gloomy here.  I had to put the bunny from the Easter Blessings set in a  happy and bright rainy scene even though it's still gloomy here.  I'm sure that I'm not the only one wishing for bright Spring colors right now.
The image was stamped onto Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth paper with Gina K Designs Black Amalgam Ink and colored with Copic markers.  A ground was colored in to match the leaves.  I then used a technique I learned from Sandy Allnock in her Rainy Days Copic marker class to fill in the background.  I drug my Copic markers across the paper to get striped of color that resembled falling rain.  Some of the same markers were used to make darker raindrops around the background.  I used a white gel pen to make actual raindrops. 

Copic Markers Used:
Bunny - C00, C1, C3, RV21
Flower - RV21, BV00
Leaves - YG03, YG63
Rain - B0000, B000, B00, BG13, BV00

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!

4 comments:

Andre M. said...

This card is a real showstopper. The colors are so pretty and the rainy effect is amazing.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Awesome card design. I love the rainy background you created and that bunny in the flower is so darling.

Karen Day said...

Just amazing, Jil! Love that background :o)

Carol H. said...

Your card is beautiful Jil! And what a fabulous background you colored!