Friday, April 19, 2019

Happy Tails Slider Card | By Jessica Shier

Hello Ai Fans!


I've been really enjoying the Art Impressions Stacker sets and knew I wanted to play with the dog stacker. Honestly anything with a Dachshund and I want to color it, but this is truly a fun dog pile! I also made the paw print with dies, so easy!


I started with die cutting the slider mechanism, per the instructions on the back. A good dry adhesive is what I used. Some quick measuring and I cut the slider pull with a watercolor paw print pattern paper. Then attached a small piece of black ribbon in a loop using the Tiny Attacher and ink blended the slider frame with a distress ink. Gradually blending out to the white cardstock.


The last two details took some trial and error. I used a small blending brush to flick a Distress Oxide reinker  and water mixer on to the white back panel. So messy! A random brown box does well to keep most of the spray contained, plus reusable!

So those tiny little dots took some time to dry even after heat setting. While I waited I started on the paw print. For this I was able to use 2 dies, the smallest from the Double Stitched Oval die set and the tiny oval from the Double Stitch Tag die set. It's a little oblong and if I had a nice heart shape I could have used that as the large pad, that would be super cute. This is when I also chose to stamp my sentiment. This one says "Happy tails to you my pal" . Using a clear sitcky ink and white embossing powder.


The fun part was coloring the dogs, using Copics, my plan was to have 3 different shades of dogs . Once again I was inspired by the packaging art! But, I didn't see the little guy at the top! So he's the only one in grays. lol. Which I thought worked and made a second one just like the first! The copics I used are listed below. 

Copics Used.

Beige - E81, E43, W3
Tan - E31, E35, W3
Dark Brown - E77, E74, E59
Gray - W6, W3
Tongue - R14

Thank you for stopping by today! Happy Stamping!