Friday, August 2, 2019

Happy Birthday Sloth Flip Card By Jessica shier


Hello Ai Fans! 

I wanted to create some flip cards this month. The first one I'm going to show you is this Happy Birthday design using the sloth flip card set, which I paired with the Flip card die


I used various Copic markers (list below) to color in the sloths. Stamping both the front and back on to Neenah 80lb Solar White card stock.  I kept the shading simple and used a very limited amount of markers. I've said it before, but I love the full colored packaging of Art Impressions stamps because it gives you such a great example of how to color and shade! 

Once I was done coloring I fussy cut both of the sloth images out. I decided on a easy watercolor background using a Everyday Tintable from Concord and 9th. These have a emboss resist background pattern and I chose the herringbone for this card. I got out my Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolor set and used several of the paints to create this blue to green gradient wash background. 


While that dried, I used the Flip card die and followed the easy directions on the back of the packaging, to create a Neenah 110lb Solar White card base. I accidentally scored all the way across the card base instead of just the areas around the flip portion. Luckily it didn't cause any issues, with this design. The Sloth Flip Card set also comes with some fun sentiment stamps but this time I used the die words from the Flip card die set for the Happy Birthday, I die cut those using black card stock. Before I adhered the Happy die cut, I scored a piece of light gray card stock that is trimmed to cover the flip portion of this card. This gave it a decorative border and added some interest. It also helped to conceal the score mark. 


I trimmed a portion of the watercolor background down and saved the strip for the inside. I adhered the large portion of that to the front of the Flip card. Then attached the sloths over top, positioning them so it looks like they are holding up the Happy! I did the same for the backside of the sloths and the small strip of watercolor. I also used the black Kuretake watercolor paint to add some shadows to where the sloths are sitting.  

Copic Markers Used:
E77, E74, W3, C1
E31, E35

Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolors:
50 Pale Aqua
57 Turquoise Green
52 Ocean Green
20 Black

Thank you so much for joining me today! Happy Stamping! 



2 comments:

SD pooja said...

This is super fun ! Loved the 'flip'

Renee Matarese said...

So cute! I love the pattern and colors you used behind them.