Friday, August 16, 2019

Seas the Day | By Jessica Shier


Hello Ai Fans!

I have another Flip card to share with you today. This time I'm using the Octopus Flip card set. These flip card stamp sets make such cute little scenes and you can have them hold up the sentiment in so many different ways. This time I used a die from the Flag Double Stitch Die set to have the octopus hold a flag sentiment.


I started by stamping the octopus flip image on to a piece of Neenah 80lb Solar White card stock, with Amalgam ink. Using purple orange, pink and blue Copic markers to color in my image. I left just a bit of the image white like I do a lot when coloring. While coloring the Octopus I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do with the background. I decided on a simple underwater scene. 
All the Copic markers I used are listed below. The sand was easy, simple blending of some E markers adding a little definition and interest. I wanted this simple because I knew I was going to ink blend over the top of it. I added texture with a few of the darker markers by adding small dots through out the sand. For the water I did streaks or flicks of blue starting with the darkest color at the top, then fading to the lightest blue. Also adding more of the darker colors through out the panel.


I used Distress Oxide ink in Faded Jeans and Frayed Burlap to darken the edges. Using the makeup blending brushes I was able to get pretty close to the image with out masking or inking over it. I also blended Distress Oxide inks in Picked Raspberry and Spiced Marmalade on a piece of Bristol Smooth card stock, that I trimmed down with the second to largest Rectangle Double Stitch die. I concentrated the color around the outer edge because I knew it would mostly be covered by the Octopus copic colored panel.  I adhered those panels together then added a black card stock layer below the orange and pink blended card stock before gluing everything to a side fold A2 card base. 


I used both sentiments that come with the Octopus Flip stamp set. Stamping them onto Neenah 80lb card stock with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink. I let the ink sit for a moment to dry before running it through my die cutting machine with the banner die from the Flag Double Stitch die set. 

I could have made the inside similar to the front but I kept it simple and easy. I used a smaller Art Impressions Rectangle Double Stitch die and stamped the flip image of the Octopus. Using the same Copic markers I mirrored the coloring. The points of the flag should be on the other side to make it more mirrored, but that is ok! 

Copic Markers Used:
BV04, BV02, BV01, BV00
YR04, Y21, RV55, RV52
B14, B02, B00, 
W3, W1, W0

B29, B16, B14, BG11, B02, B00
E43, E35, E34, W31, W3, W6

Thank you for joining me today! Happy Stamping!!



1 comment:

Bunny said...

This is so cute. I'm enjoying these flip cards. [Bunny]`