Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Kitty Flip Clear card by Jil Lebel

Hello Ai fans!

I have loved all of the stamps from the Flip line, the two newest stamp sets are no exception.  I HAD to have the Christmas Kitty Flip stamp set. I love using the images for flip cards as intended, but they also look great used in different ways.  I decided to do a clear center card to show off the cute little kittens.
I started by stamping the images onto Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth paper with Gina K Designs Black Amalgam Ink and colored them with my Copic markers.  The colors used are listed at the end of this post. I then cut out the image with my Cutter Bee scissors.
I created an A2 card and cut off the bottom leaving a 1 3/8" strip along the top. From the remaining card front, I cut another 1 3/8" strip and discarded the rest.  I cut a piece of acetate to 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" and attached it over the top piece of the card.  I then attached the small strip behind the acetate at the bottom of the card.  I then cut two strips of decorative paper from the Martha Stewart Rustic Christmas Mat Stack to 5 1/2" x 1 3/8".  I attached them over the piece of acetate to hide the adhesive from both layers of paper.  Then I added the image over the acetate before I added the greetings. 

Copic Colors Used:
Tan Cat - E70, E71, E74
Gray Cats - C0, C1, C3
Orange Cat - E30, YR21, YR24
Tan Sweater - W0, W1, W3
Red Sweater, R05, R24, R37
Green Sweater - YG61, YG63, YG67
Gray on Hat - C0, C1, C3

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!

2 comments:

Karen Day said...

Really sweet, Jil!

Bunny said...

It really is sweet. Love the little kitties. [Bunny]``