Friday, November 22, 2019

Happy Howlidays | By Jessica Shier

Hello Ai Fans!

I knew this Holiday season I had to use the Santa Paws stamp set. These pups are too cute! I decided to use the pawsome carolers, which is one large stamp and keep my color scheme to a minimum. Of course these jolly dogs would be howling their howliday carols in the presence of a full moon. 


I stamped the large image of the dogs onto a piece of Neenah 80lb cardstock using Copic friendly black ink. The Santa Paws set also includes several smaller images of dogs and one of them is a Dachshund!! So, I suspect I will probably be showing more examples using this stamp set again in the near future. I have the list of Copic Marker's I used for this card down below. 


Once the coloring was done I fussy cut the stamp image out. This includes the snow landscape area too. I took a piece of black card stock and got out my splatter box. For the white "stars" I used Copic Opaque white. This is similar to a white acrylic paint. To splatter it I thinned it a little with some water onto a acrylic stamp block and used a paint brush to flick it on to the card stock. I like doing it this way because I have control over how much splatter I add. Then I set it aside to dry. This doesn't take long.


While the background dried I used a large Art Impressions Circle Double Stitch die to cut out a piece of yellow cardstock. I mounted that to the now dried background with the white splatter. Before adding the caroling dogs I stamped the sentiment with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink on to the dog scene. Then I mounted that to the card front with a bit of foam tape and circle foam dots, to add some dimension. 


Copic Markers Used:
W9, W6, W4, W3, W1, W0
C7, C5, C3. C1
Y26, Y21, E81, E43

Thank you so much for joining me today!
Happy Stamping.



3 comments:

Margreet said...

Stunning card. Love the dogs!! Great background.
xxx Margreet

Carol said...

Super cute card, Jessica! Sure to please all of the dog lovers out there like me.

Sharon Caudle said...

Flat out adorable!! Love this card, Jessica!