Friday, March 13, 2020

Woodland Tree Cubbies | By Jessica Shier

Hello Ai Fans!

It's Jessica! Today I'm using the Woodland Tree Cubbies set to make a squirrel scene. I've been busy working on Birthday cards recently. Those seem to be the ones I always run out of first. Plus this cute stamp and die set is just perfect for Spring. 


I stamped the tree cubbie once and and then die cut it after coloring in with Copic markers. The list of colors I used is below. I wanted to create a little forest scene so I used my trimmer and cut the tree in half. I noticed that if I cut just to the left of the tree house and the blue door it would look like there are two different trees. Such a great way to stretch those stamps! 

I continued on with my scene by coloring and die cutting all the little critters and a BUNCH of leaves. I love that Art Impressions gives you four leaf dies so that it is a bit quicker cutting out all those leaf stamps. 

For the sentiment I used one of the smaller Oval Double Stitch dies to die cut a piece of black card stock, then heat embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder. I love the way the white sentiment looks on black cardstock. 


I'm using an A2 top fold card base with a light gray card stock cut to fit over the top. Also I used foam tape behind my woodland scene, for added dimension, before adding it to the card base. 

Alright you guys that is it from me. Thank you so much for joining me today.
Happy stamping!



No comments: