Friday, May 29, 2020

Easy Birthday Cake Cards | By Jessica Shier

Hey Ai Fans!
It's Jessica on the blog today. I have some fun cards to share with you using the Birthday Cake stamp and die set. Now this set doesn't come with sentiments but let's be honest... who has a ton of fun and perfect sentiments stamps that could be used with this set? I know I do! 


My first card I used some rainbow colors to color in the gigantic cake. These are simple two marker blends, a lighter and darker shade. I made the shading even easier on my self and just followed the example on the packaging. I paired this one with a sentiment from the Birthday Laugh Lines set. 

I used the coordinating die after coloring each cake then used the die again to die cut some craft foam in coordinating colors. I adhered those together with liquid glue and attached to stenciled background. 


Since I went with rainbow colors for my first card I used more pink and purples colors for the second. I thought one of the sentiments from the Yoga set would pair nicely with this one. Honestly I have so many ideas running through my head using other Art Impressions sentiments and some of the other cakes! 


Parkoo colors used:

Cake  1.
2 Old Red, 12 Coral Red
22 French Vermilion, 24 Marigold
35 Lemon Yellow, 49 Pastel Green
47 Grass Green, 174 Spring Dim Green
76 Sky Blue, 182 Frost Blue
83 Lavender, 75 Dark Blue Light
CG1 Cool Grey
CG4
CG6

Cake 2.
 121 Fluorescent Coral Red, 18 Peach
138 Light Pink, 147 Pale Lilac
35 Lemon Yellow, 49 Pastel Green
76 Sky Blue, 182 Frost Blue
83 Lavender, 75 Dark Blue Light
CG1 Cool Grey
CG4
CG6
 
I hope you enjoyed these cards. I love a good Birthday themed stamp set.

Thank you everyone for joining me today. Happy Stamping! 

1 comment:

Renee Matarese said...

I love how fun and bright these are!