Monday, August 24, 2020

Tropical Circlet with Bri Firth

Hi everyone! Today I am sharing my creation for the Tropical Treat Challenge. For more information on this challenge check out the announcement here. For my project I made a tryfold card with Tropical Circlet MTF stamp set. This card is also featured on my personal blog, check it out here
Art Impressions makes a lot of fun and interactive stamp sets, but currently I really like the Circlet Mini Tryfolds. These tryfold cards have such a unique layering effect and they are super easy to make with the pre-made tryfold cardstock and envelope packs. 

To make this I card I first stamped the front leaf wreath and die cut the hole within the center of the leaves. I also traced the front opening onto the middle panel with a pencil so I could line up the center image with the front image. To decorate the front panel I die cut a circle mask to protect the stamped image. Then, I ink blended a sunset ombre background. I adhered a tropical leaf printed vellum over top the background and added some floral and sequin embellishment.

Second, I stamped the beach image within the pencil marked outline on the middle panel. I repeated the steps above to stamp the ocean image on the back panel. To decorate the inner panels I used some retired tropical themed scrapbook paper. I die-cut the panels once again so you could see the images through the various layers of cardstock. For some extra fun I used a white gel pen to add some birds flying over the ocean. 

I finished the card by coloring all the stamped scenes with my Copic Sketch alcohol markers. I love all the vibrant colors showcased throughout this card! The middle panel and back panel are showcased below.
Check back next week for more Ai inspiration made by me!