Friday, September 11, 2020

Slim Line Flip Card & Mini Dies | By Jessica Shier

 

Hello Ai fans!

Another Friday has started! I'm sharing a card that is a little different, a slimline flip card! This is also using a couple of the new Mini Dies sets. The cute Cat and Halloween sets, and also the Mice Flip card for all the stamping.


I'll start off with the dimensions.
The card is a slimline card 8.5in by 3.5in

After cutting a piece of Neenah Solar White 110lb card stock down to 8.5in x 5in, I made a pencil mark using a T-square and drew a light line where the 2.5in mark is going down the whole length 8.5in card stock.. This is where I lined up the score edges of the Flip Card die. The fun things is, you can position the Flip Card die on the left side like I have done or on the right side. You could also position it in the middle. The top rectangle part of the die is the flip. This will die cut though the card stock.

One you have erased the pencil marks, line up the score edges and score down to create your fold. Make sure to skip the die cut area and only score to the left or right of the die cut score marks.


I created a border with masking tape on the slim line card base and ink blended a Distress Ink sky and ground. The colors I used are listed below in the product list. The moon is a die cut circle. I used the largest Circle Double Stitch die to die cut a piece of Ranger Water color card stock. The colors of Distress Ink I used on the moon are Hickory Smoke, Mustard Seed, squeezed lemonade and Scattered Straw. 

I stamped the sentiments from Pumpkin Mice Flip stamp set, each on 1 half of the moon and stamped the Mice (both sides) with Gina K. Amalgam Ink. Copic Colors listed below. After coloring I die cut all the extras from the WC fence dies and the Cat and Halloween Mini Die sets.

I adhered the moons in place for the front and inside. Then added the mice, fence, cats and bats to create a scene. I tried to mimic what the back of the mice would look like on the other side of the fence for the inside. Don't mind my mistake on the fence, I was so excited on how it was coming together I didn't notice until it was all adhered together. 

Copic Markers Used:
Orange Pumpkin - R89, R37, R05, Y38, Y18
Teal Pumpkin - BG09, BG78, BG75, BG15, BG13, BG11
Yellow Pumpkin - E35, E34, YR27, Y26, Y23, Y21
Pink Pumpkin - RV89, R37, RV09, RV55, RV52
Mice - E57, W4, W1, C1
Witch Hats - V06, BV11, Y18


Thank you so much for joining me today. Happy Stamping!



2 comments:

ednamburgess said...

Cute, but thought you'd have a video showing how you put it all together. Darn.

Sharon Caudle said...

I can't even begin to tell you how much I LOVE this card!!! You're wicked talented, my friend!!!