Friday, November 6, 2020

Hello Snow! Pop-up | By Jessica Shier

 Hello Ai fans!

Have you joined in on the current challenge? We have some fun cards featuring a surprise theme. Yesterday we shared the new Pop-up sets. See the video I made using the Bunny set here. Today, I thought I would dive into a more winter theme card using the Snowman Pop-up.

To start with I used Canson Watercolor paper and Versfine Clair Nocturne to stamp the images. Some of them I did stamp a few times, including the snowman's hat. I haven't watercolored in awhile, so I got out my Koi Watercolor set and painted the snowman and extra images. The color combination I used is Cream, white, gray, burgundy, blue and black.

For the background I used a combination of Cobalt from the Koi watercolors and Nuvo Shimmer Powder in Storm Cloud. This piece is die cut with the Art Impressions Rectangle double stitch die. I also made a second version and trimmed it two 3x4 panels. These smaller pieces will be for the inside. 


I tore pieces of cream, gray and white cardstock. Those are also die cut with the same rectangle double stitch die. These are layered on the front and the white piece is popped up for dimension. Along with a fussy-cut snowman hat a couple of the birds candy cane and Holly images. I also had to being in some of the giant snowflakes from the new LG Snowflake die set.

The inside is the surprise! Folding the snowman along the scorelines that are embossed when you use the coordinating die. I then added more snowflakes, one layer of torn cardstock (snow) and a few more of the extras. Super fun to dress up the snowman in different ways. 


Koi Water Colors Used:

Cobalt, Ultramarine

Ivory Black, Paynes Gray, Purple

Chinese White, Yellow Ochre

Crimson Lake, Quinacridone Rose

Olive Green, Perm Green Pale

Thank you for joining me today and happy stamping!


5 comments:

Cynthia said...

This is adorable, Jessica! Love the card front design as well.

CarlavdM said...

What a lovely card with that cute Snowman.
I like Snowmen with thick fluffy arms instead of wooden sticks.

Hunky Dory said...

Darling card!

Denise Bryant said...

What a darling card! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬