Saturday, November 21, 2020

Watercolor Roundup 11.21.2020





Hello, Ai Fans!

Welcome to another Watercolor Roundup!

This weekend our Watercolor Design Team has some creative, inspiring creations for you!

Be sure to follow these lovely ladies on social media by clicking the link in pink next to their names!


Tricia O'Bin - Blog - Instagram - YouTube - Pinterest - Facebook

Hey watercolor fans, welcome back to another watercolor weekend!  We are so excited that you decided to join us for some awesome watercolor inspiration.  





I created this Peace on Earth lamp post card using just two stamps.  I love that I can get so many great cards from just a couple of stamps.  Let me tell you how I created this card.

 

Painting Details

 

First I inked up the small pine branch from the Fir Trees Set.  I find myself grabbing for this stamp a lot.  It works great on all types of pine trees, branches and other wonderful tree shapes.  I inked it up with green (249) and stamped it several times on the right side middle of the card.   I then re-inked my stamp and stamped it several times in the upper right corner.  I added water and softened the lines.

 

Next I added 969 to the Lamp Post from the Columns set and stamped it on the left side of the card.  I pulled the color out of the lines.  I added some orange and yellow to my palette.  I added some yellow to the glass part of the Lamp Post.  I then added orange to the bottom making sure to blend it into the yellow.

 

I added some brown to my palette and added some additional shadows to the left side of the Lamp Post so it would look like metal.  I made sure not to ink up the bottom of the stamp so it would appear to come out of the foliage.  I inked my fir branch up again and stamped it around the bottom of the Lamp Post.  I added water to the fir branches. 

 

I wanted it to look like there was a halo of light around the Lamp so I added some yellow around it, making sure not to touch the brown.   To create the sky, I added blue to my palette and using a lot of water I applied it to the background.  You will notice there a lot of blooms.  This is due to the different drying times of the water and color I laid down.  This is exactly the effect I was looking to create.  I love blooms, especially in my landscapes, skies and water scenes.  They are such a happy accident.  Once I learned to embrace the bloom I was a lot happier with my paintings.  I made sure to blend it into the yellow halo.  I wanted it to look like it is snowing so I added some white gel pen to add snow.

 

For a Christmas touch, I used the fine point of my red marker, I added some dots around the pine tree and drew in a bow.  Lastly, I signed and dated my work.

 

This was such a fun and easy project, I would love to see what you create.  Make sure to tag us on Instagram and use #AIWatercolor so we can see your work!  I hope you enjoy this watercolor weekend, it’s going to be cold here in New England  so there’s nothing more I would like to do…but I digress.  Have a crafty day!!

 

Card Details

 

I cut the painting out with my rectangle stitched die and added it to a mat made of Gina K Designs Christmas Pine card stock cut with the next size up rectangle stitched die.  I added it to a white card base.

 


SUPPLIES:


 
Dot Freel - Instagram - Blog - PinterestYouTube

Hello,

It's almost Thanksgiving, my husband's most favorite holiday, so I thought I would make a Thanksgiving card for the Art Impressions Watercolor Weekend. 




It's been a while, but I actually got a tutorial done on how I made it!
 Here's the link to watch it on YouTube : https://youtu.be/Zlp9C9Sf8WA

 
Karen Day - Blog - Facebook - Pinterest

 Hello Ai fans!

I am using a few of the newly released Art Impressions Watercolour and Bible Journaling sets today to create my little Santa's rocking chair scene.

I am painting on Bristol Smooth cardstock, as I have some fine details, and felt this would work best with my #1 paintbrush.  I started by diecutting the rocking chair from my masking paper, and then without sticking it down, I used it as a guide for where to draw the hat.  I sketched the hat in lightly with a pencil, then masked it.  I coloured up the 5360 - WC Rocking Chair Set stamp with my Tombow Dual Brush Marker #N65 Cool Grey 5 and stamped it onto my paper, then covered it with the die cut mask.  I inked up one of the pots from 4869 - WC Small Container Set in #N65, and stamped it over the mask, so that it appears slightly behind the chair.  To add the greenery, I picked the small pine-like green from 4867 - WC Foliage Set 2 New, and stamped it repeatedly with #249 Hunter Green to create my little tree (sometimes only colouring small portions of it).  Drawing directly onto the paper, I used my #969 Chocolate marker to add in the suggestion of the tree trunk.  The star is in one of the newly released Bible Journaling sets: 5390 - Mini Accents 2 - it was the perfect size!  I coloured it in #993 Chrome Orange

To the chair I added #476 Cyan, painting it quite loosely, leaving lots of white areas to suggest weathered wood.  The Santa hat and pot were painted with a mixture of colours, starting with #837 Wine Red, with a few layers of a blue/red mixture to create shadows and texture.  I sketched in the floorboards with my #992 Sand marker, and painted a few streaks with it, and #969 to look like woodgrain.  I also drew in the #992 on the edges of the star to create some shadows.  After touching the greenery with a damp brush, I added in some #565 Deep Blue to create some shadows on the tree, the chair and shadows on the floor.  A watery version of #177 Dark Jade was painted in as the wall colour.

My scene was cut out with the 5132 - Tag Stitched Dies, and I cut out coordinating rings using the tiny die that comes in the set.  I added the sentiment from 4514 - Snowman Shaker (retired!) and mounted it with 3D foam adhesive over a patterned tag.  I added a few enamel dots and tied on some organdy ribbon with Baker's Twine.  I love that none of my stamps were holiday themed, but together they made up a sweet Christmas scene!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬