Saturday, July 17, 2021

Watercolor Weekend Roundup and New Releases!!

 Hello Ai fans!

Welcome to our latest Watercolor Weekend Roundup!


This week Art Impressions launched 4 new watercolor stamp sets the you won't want to miss!

These are perfect for watercolor or even "regular" card scenes.

   

These four new sets are so versatile!


This week we have Dot kicking things off with her amazing card!

Hello, Have you seen the newest release from Art Impressions? I used the largest rocks from the brand new 5415 Rocks Set for this card and I used the brand new 5413 Weathered Stumps for my card. The animal is from the 5425 Peaking Animals Set. The scene is from the 5378 Stone Creek Scene. The cabin is from the 4962 Rustic Cabins Set. The trees and tiny grasses in the back are from the 5372 Mini Foliage and fence is from the 5371 Barn Set. The grass in front is from the 4051 Foliage Set 1. The flowers in back are from the 5009 Mini Flowers Set and the flowers in front are from the 5258 Flowers Set 4. I used the 5063 Rectangle Double Stitched Dies. I watched Art Impression's Kendras' Back to Basics video on shading houses and really built up the color. If you haven't seen it, you should check it out on Facebook or YouTube. 


Happy crafting! Supplies used:

   

Here's Karen's card!

 Hello Ai Watercolor fans!

I've created a masculine card to share today!

I cut my decorative oval die out of Canson XL Watercolor Paper, and stamped the dock from 5057 - WC Boat Set in Tombow #565/969, and with a pencil, sketched in where my shoreline would be.  Using my stamp positioner, I placed the rocks from 5415 - WC Rocks Set colored in #N45, and the ducks from 5424 Pond Set in #565/969 which set up my scene.  Before stamping anything else, I painted my lake in a wash of #555, and painted the sky with #565.  I painted #990 along the shoreline and a wash of #177 to be the grassy bank.  Using my positioner, I placed the lily pads, both rushes and greenery stamps from the Pond Set onto my scene.  Using #969/992 and 977, I painted in the boards of the dock, keeping them streaky and darker in the crevices to look like old wood.  I Googled "Mallard Ducks" to make sure I painted the ducks accurately, and then used #565 to add shadows around them, under the dock and down the edges of the shore to look like water ripples. I used a damp paintbrush on the lily pads and greenery, as well as the rocks, to pull out the color.

 


Here's Tricia's card!



Welcome Back watercolor fans! How excited are you about the new release? I am over the MOON about it. I decided to create a really simple card using the POND and ROCKS sets. I inked two of the larger rock clusters from the ROCKS set in 569 and 969, stamped them off and onto my watercolor paper. I pulled the color out of the lines, making sure to leave a highlight at the top. Now that I am ready to add color to the rocks, I added some 569 and 969 to my palette and just randomly built up the color. These are so awesome because there is no wrong way to add the color. I think lots of color variations work great. Next, I added some 528 to my palette and I started layering in the water. After a couple of passes, I started concentrating darker color around and behind the rocks. I added some 565 up close to the rocks. To create the cattails and greenery, I started off by masking off the rocks and inked the larger grass from the POND set with 249. I stamped it a few times behind the rocks. To soften the lines, I added some water. The cattails in this set are so cute, I used both inked with 969, stamped several times between the leaves. I added some water to them to soften them. Lastly, I used some 569, 526 and 528 to create some puffy clouds in the sky. Finally, I signed and dated my work. Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram so we can check out your work. Thanks for spending a few minutes with me this weekend and I hope you have a crafty day! SUPPLIES:  


If you follow Art Impressions on Facebook then you may have caught Bonnie live there on Wednesday.
If you don't follow Ai on FB and would like advance notice to new releases, notifications of sales and lots of artistic inspiration through cards, projects and video tutorials click the icon below.


Bonnie creates amazing video tutorials for all of her watercolor sets.  You can see the newest one below.  If you're looking for previous sets you can find them on Facebook, Pinterest and YouTube.

 

Happy stamping everyone!!
Can't wait to see what you create next.
If you're on Instagram be sure to #artimpressions so we see your creations!
We'll leave you with a little inspiration from Bonnie.





No comments: