Saturday, October 2, 2021

Watercolor Weekend Roundup 10-02-2021

Hello Ai fans!




It's time for another Watercolor Weekend Roundup.
This week our designers all seem to have fall on their minds, yet each design is so different.
We love all of their individual styles.  It's kind of fun how the 3 used very similar color palettes this week because that rarely happens.  The cards are so spectacular and we hope one (or more) inspires you to try something similar. 

First up this weekend is Dot!



Hello,

I'm so happy it's October! Here is my card for the Art Impressions Watercolor Weekend. It was inspired by my youngest son, Brad who asked why would I only put two pumpkins on my previous card? Everyone who knows me, knows I do things in threes since I have three sons and have always decorated in sets of three (coincidentally, I also have three grandsons). I told him it was a tutorial by our Queen B - Bonnie Krebs, Owner/Creator of Ai. So, I had to make something with three pumpkins and the rest of the scene just sort of happened. I had to add the deer since Brad is an avid shed hunter. If you don't know what that means, it's people who hike miles and miles to find the horns that deer shed. He has a lot but he still keeps doing it. Anyway, to make this card, stamp the scene from 5378 Stone Creek Scene inked in Tombow 192. I actually forgot to ink the hills and had to pencil them in after I stamped the barn from the 5371 Barn Set inked in both 969 and 565. Color the barn doors and roof in 969. Color the silo with 565. Color the barn in 312 and then make the shadows with the 565. Darken the windows with the blue fine tip Tombow TwinTone pen. The fence is also from 5371 inked in 969 and 565. The pumpkin is from the 5426 Veggies Set inked in 969. Make a mask with post-it tape and then stamp another pumpkin on either side. Color the pumpkins in 312, 925 and 565. Their stems are darkened with the brown Tombow TwinTone fine tip pen. The yellow flower grass is from 5007 Foliage Set 3 inked in 192 and 025. The bushes are from the 5372 Mini Foliage inked in 025 and in 925. Color the river in 526 and the rocks in 565 and 969. The grass is from the 5372 inked in 192. I used 312, 192  and 025 to color in the grass areas. Stamp the deer from the 5427 set inked in 969. The sky is 526. Add shadows with the 565. 

Ai_Dot_DT.png


 

Hello Ai Watercolor fans!

I did a little masking this week using 5363 - WC Arbor Set:

I starting stamping in the foreground and worked backwards, masking each item as I went along.  The fox from 5016 - WC Mini Critter Set was colored in #947 Burnt Sienna, as were the two pumpkins from 5059 - WC Harvest Set.  I cut my arbor out of masking paper, and pressed it firmly onto my watercolor paper (you don't want paint to seep underneath!).  I used the Daisy Bunch from Flower Set - 4052 in #933 Orange to add my bright flowers to the arbor, then added all of my greenery from 5126 - WC Foliage Set 4: the long branch in #076 Green Ochre/346 Sea Green, the vines in #177 and #346, and the grasses in #076.

I softened everything with a damp brush, then picked up #933 and #947 from my palette to paint several layers of colour on the pumpkins and fox.  With #177, I added in the green hillside and painted my grass, then with the bullet tip, I used my #533 Peacock Blue marker to sketch in the mountains, and to outline the arbor after I removed the mask, which gave the suggestion of shadows.  I used #N65 Cool Grey 5 to paint in some clouds, and added the sky around them in #526 True Blue, leaving some cloudy white areas.  I added a few shadows around my images with #565 Deep Blue, and stamped the sentiment from the Exclusive Daisy set before die cutting my image with the A2 Stitched Rectangle die.






Hey there watercolor fans, it's watercolor weekend time again! Is everyone ready for Fall? I am, so I decided to create an Autumn Vintage Car card with all of those beautiful fall colors. I started off by inking up the Vintage car from the Vintage Car set with my 969. To make sure it stays really light, I stamped it off twice onto watercolor paper. I added water and pulled color out of the lines where the darkest shadows would be. I also added some additional color to the car using 526 on my palette. For the wheels, I added some 969 and 569. I masked off the truck using some Post-it tape, and inked the rocks up with my 969. Again to make sure it was really light, I stamped it off once, stamped it to the right of the Vintage Car and then stamped it again to the left without reinking. While it was still masked I inked the medium tree from the Lg Tree set with 969 and stamped it between the car and the rocks. I pulled the color out of the lines of the tree. Next, I inked up the small grass with 177 and stamped it around the tires and the base of the rocks. Using my palette, I added some additional color to the rocks making sure to keep a highlight. I pulled the color up and out of the lines pulling some color out and to the left for a shadow. Using 969, I added some color below the grass from my palette. Using the tree line stamp, I inked it up with green and yellow and stamped it to the right of the tree to create a hill. I added water and some additional color from my palette (make sure to curve the lines to make it appear to be a hill). To create the bushes behind the car, I masked off around the windows of the Vintage Car and stamped the foliage from the Lg Tree set in yellow and orange . I also added this around the top of the trees. I added water to all the foliage. For the sky, I added some 565 in between the tree trunks and here and there between the leaves. I dragged it out into the background. Lastly, I signed and dated. Thank you so much for stopping by! Check out all the Fall inspiration from Dot and Karen! We love to see your work. Tag us on instagram and use #AIWatercolor so we can see what you come up with!






You can follow each of these amazing ladies on social media.  The links to their Instagram are below.  You can find links to their blogs on the sidebar of this blog on the right.  Follow and comment and let them know how much you love their work!

Happy stamping everyone!

No comments: