Saturday, October 16, 2021

Watercolor Weekend Roundup Oct. 16th, 2021

 Hello Ai fans!

It's time for another Watercolor Weekend Roundup!



This week we have a wonderful selection of cards from our WC Team!

Karen has a lovely fall scene using the WC Foundations Chairs.
She definitely has a designer's eye and her color choices are always perfect.

Tricia created such a fun tropical fall scene. 
Why have we only seen Christmas on a beach until now??  How creative!

A bunny in a bucket?  Yes, Please!
Dot created a sweet scene that anyone would want to look out their window and see!

Now,  I'll leave it to them to tell you how you can recreate their amazing works of art.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Ai Watercolor Fans!

I'm sharing a slimline card today, using the 5432 - WC Foundations Chairs set:

This is the perfect stamp for a slimline or even a mini-slimline card.  I began by colouring up the stamp in #969 Chocolate/#565 Deep Blue and stamped it using my Misti - this worked really well for such a large image, as I was able to give it even pressure, and if I'd missed a spot, I could've gone over it a second time.  I placed the image slightly right of center, as I planned to add the sentiment and a pumpkin to the left side of the card.  *I purposefully left the lower corner of the bench uncoloured when I stamped, as that left me enough room to stamp the pumpkin from 5426 - WC Veggies just in front of it.  I used my stamp positioner to place it, as well as the possum from 5425 - WC Peeking Animals in one of the pots.  I partially painted the three chairs in #346 Sea Green, #606 Violet and #443 Turquoise which helped me know how to place my flowers and foliage in the pots by balancing out where the colours would be.  I used the Daisy Bunch from Flower Set - 4052 in #993 Chrome Orange, the small dots from 5009 - WC Mini Flower Set in #443, and the vines and grasses from 5126 - WC Foliage Set 4 in #249 Hunter Green.  To brighten things up and fill in any gaps, I used the tiny sprig from set 5009 in #126 Light Olive. 


I finished painting in the 3 chairs, and added several shades of #969 to the bench.  Pots were painted in #947 Burnt Sienna, #N55 Cool Grey 7 and #228 Gray Green.  To finish off, the spiky flowers from 5258 - WC Flower Set were added in #606, and the branch from 4964 - WC Branches set was added to two pots.  Shadows were added with #565, and the background was done in a wash of #228.  The pumpkin was painted with layers of #993/933/947.  The sentiment is from the Exclusive Daisy Set, and the dots were added with a fineline marker.



Hi Watercolor Fans, welcome back to another watercolor weekend!
 
                     
This weekend I decided to create a card for my southern peeps. I love the palm trees with the pumpkins in the sand. To create this painting, I started out by stamping the first pumpkin inked in 969, masking it off and then stamping the second pumpkin. To make them light, I stamped them both off. Before removing the mask, I inked the tree trunk with 969 and stamped it behind the first pumpkin, without reinking I stamped the second tree trunk. I pulled the color out of the left side of the tree making sure to leave a highlight on the right side. For the palms, I inked the larger left side palm with 249 and stamped it several times to the left of the first tree top. I re-inked and did the same to the second tree. Next, I took the second large palm, inked it with 249 and stamped it several times on the right side of both trees. I added water using my #1 brush to the palms making sure to leave white space in the middle and between the leaves. I pulled the color out of each pumpkin making sure there were some darker areas on top and bottom. Using my palette, I added some yellows and oranges to the pumpkins. I like to layer the colors to give them a little more richer color. I added some green to the stems. For the sand, I added some 969 with a little redish orange mixed in and painted it along the bottom of the pumpkins. I kept layering it until I was happy with the shadows and colors. I painted the water using 565, again building up the color to create the waves. For the sky, I added a little 636 to the 565 and brushed it into the background. Lastly, I signed and dated my work. This was such a quick and easy project. I haven't been painting a lot due to my recent move so this was an easy one for me to create. I hope to get back into the swing of things when I can find all of the my supplies. I hope you all have a great day and I am thankful that you chose to spend some time with us today. Give this project a try and tag us on Instagram! Have a crafty day!




 SUPPLIES:
Hello,

Here's a quick and easy card that you could easily make in any colors for any season.



First you stamp the bucket from the 5416 Vintage Car Set inked in 565. Stamp the bunny from the 5425 Peeking Animals Set inked in 969. Make a mask on Post-it tape then cover the bunny. Stamp the flowers from the 4762 Wooden Gate Set inked in 177 for the foliage and 636 for the flowers. Stamp the foliage from the 4867 Foliage Set 2 inked in 177 to fill it out. Stamp the grasses from the 5007 Foliage Set 3 inked in 249 for the foliage and 725 for the flowers on both sides of the bucket. Use 177 to add some grass to the ground cover. Color the bucket with N45 and the handle with 969. Don't forget the shadow under the handle. Color the bunny with 969 and 772 for the ears and cheeks. Add whiskers with a fine point pen and darken the eyes. Use 565 to color in the sky. Cut it out with the 5065 Oval Double Stitched Die and the other background piece with the 5062 Rounded Rectangle Die. 

Ai_Dot_DT.png
Supplies used:
20cb5f20-c4ba-4e19-af14-5706c589c2b4.jpg


Wow!  If these creations don't inspire you to pull out your stamps and markers and get creating I don't know what will.  Thank you to the amazing DT for their inspiration.
The Watercolor DT will be off now until Nov. 13 because they're busy preparing for something special
you won't want to miss!

No comments: