Saturday, December 4, 2021

Oh What Fun! by Janet


Hi everyone! Janet here with a cheerful wintery card celebrating the winter season. You know how sometimes things speak to you? This guy told me that's his name! It's Barney. I just fits him I think. Isn't he adorable?

This stamp set used from my card is #5041 - Snow Friend Set. There two snowman images and related sentiments in this super fun set along with a birdhouse, birds and holly.

This snowman actually holds a string of lights and I thought it would be fun to try masking it so I could eliminate the light string. This way, this festive little guy works for Christmas and the winter season generally. I found it was pretty easy to do and it makes him usable all winter.


To make this card I first stamped and colored Barney. Then I covered him with a mask and colored the pond around him with Copic markers. Then I used a stencil to create the clouds in the background. This worked beautifully to allow me to create the scene all around him. Once done I peeled away the mask and then I embossed the sentiment with blue heat embossing powder. 

I cut the image down and put it on an A2 card. I created a stitched frame and put it up on foam tape. I think it gives the feel of looking through a window. The final touches were to add a light blue enamel heart in his hand, a white pompom to his hat and some small pearls and snowflake sequins around him. I hope you like Barney as much as I do!

Happy Creating!

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest

No comments: