Saturday, February 5, 2022

Mouse and Cat with a Twist by Janet

 
Hello Ai fans! Today I have a fun card for the We Love Hearts Challenge on the blog. This challenge is all about hearts. It's made from the Twisters Line and this cutie is 5214 - Heart Twist Set. 

These cards may look a little complicated but they are really easy to make. The set comes with a front and back stamp and those images when attached together form the "twister" piece in the card. The set also includes the dies needed to cut out each side. I could have stamped on white cardstock and colored the heart red or put a pattern in it with my markers. As an option, I cut a piece in white cardstock and then a front and back in patterned card stock. These pieces were glued to the white flip piece. I stamped both mouse images on white alcohol ink friendly paper and colored them up. Then I fussy cut them and placed them on the front and back of the twist mechanism. This makes a solid twist mechanism and allows me to mix patterned paper with the colored mouse character. 

Here's a close-up of the mouse twister.

And here is the other side (back) of the twister mouse.

To make a Twister card, you will need an additional die set 5218 - Twist Frame Die. It includes two dies to cut in the window for the twister to operate in. A Happy Birthday sentiment and a star are included as a nice little bonus. This set works for the entire Twister line so it's a good investment for your stash. 

At this point, I cut a piece of patterned cardstock using the Double Stitched A2 Dies and also the largest of the two frames in the Twist Frame Die set. After gluing the patterned paper down, I used the smaller frame die in the set to cut the opening through the front of the card for the mouse twister piece. Doing it this way frames the twist opening nicely. 

I next stamped the Promo Freebie Farm Cat, colored and fussy cut it out. I placed the cat close to the twist opening. Be Mine Valentine is the included sentiment and I stamped it on white cardstock and cut it into a heart shape using a die from the 5222 - Coffee Gift Card Holder. I cut another heart in red cardstock and glued them together a little offset. I cut another piece of patterned cardstock and mounted it onto a 1/2" strip of yellow cardstock to make a border. This was glued on the far left side of the card front and I added the sentiment heart. A heart gemstone decorates the heart. 

Copic Colors Used:
C1, C3, E43, E44, W1, R20

This cut set is just one of the 10 Twister sets in the line. I hope you'll check all of them out at the store. There is something for everyone in the collection. 


Thanks for stopping by today. Please join us in our new challenge. You might win some swag of your choice and challenge yourself with a new technique. Win, win! Click on the graphic above to link up your card.

Happy Creating!
Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest 

No comments: