Saturday, February 19, 2022

Watercolor Weekend Roundup February 19, 2022

Hello Ai fans!

It's getting to be towards the end of winter where we live.  That doesn't mean we won't get hit with more snow but we love that our Watercolor Design Team is beginning to think spring!
From Tricia's gorgeous mushrooms, Dot's sweet wagon scene and Karen's lovely grazing deer there is plenty of inspiration for you this weekend. 


This week we're kicking things off with Tricia.

WOW, can you believe it is already the middle of February? I swear the older I get the faster it goes. Anyway, I decided to keep it simple with these Sweet Mushrooms from the Art Impressions Elves set. They are so easy to paint and are so versatile any sentiment could be used. I know, I say it all the time, but it is so true.
 

 To start, I inked up the larger mushroom with 969 and stamped it onto my watercolor paper. Next, I inked up the smaller mushroom and, using my positioner, stamped it to the right of the large mushroom. Using my #4 brush, I pulled the color out of the lines, blending it towards to center. Using my palette, I added some red to the large mushroom, blue to the small mushroom and some brown to the base of them both. Make sure you leave some white space especially on the stem. I built up the color by adding color and waiting for it to dry before adding the next layer. I added a bit of grass to the base of the mushrooms with the larger grass and my 249. I felt like it was more in perspective with the mushrooms than the small grass. I added some white dots with my white gel pen. To finish it off, I pulled some of the brown out into the background and added some additional to fill in some of the white space at the top. By doing this you create depth in your painting. I decided to write in the quote “Nature alone is antique, and the oldest art A Mushroom. – Thomas Carlyle”. Check out my blog for more details. I hope you have a crafty day. Make sure to tag us on Instagram and use the #AIWatercolor.


 SUPPLIES:   



 Hello, It's time for the bi-monthly Art Impressions Watercolor Weekend and I get excited and look forward to seeing what my teammates make, too.  It definitely feels like Spring in Las Vegas, 70's all week. My flowers should be blooming soon. This card is inspired by granddaughters, Aubrey and Brinley, even though they are older now. 


To make this card, stamp the wagon from the 4875 Garden Wagon Mini Set inked in Tombow 565 and 969. Be sure to stamp it off first. Cover the wagon with post it tape. Ink the girl from the 5053 Little Girls Set in 969 and place her inside the wagon. Ink the cat from the 4873 Cats Set with the 969 and stamp it inside the wagon. Stamp the other girl inked in 969. Use the foliage from the wagon set inked in 177 and 993 on either side of the wagon. Use the grass from the 5061 Foliage Set 1 inked in 177 and then use the dots from the wagon set inked in 743 to add flowers above the grass. Use 565 to create a shadow under the wagon. The taller girl is colored with 743 for her hat and skirt, 993 for the stripes on her shirt and her hair is colored in with 969. Her skin is colored with 850. The girls in the wagon is colored with 969 on her hair, 850 for her skin, 743 for her pants, 993 for her shirt and the dots on her shirt are 743 The cat and the tires are colored with N25. The wagon is colored 993. The sky is 526. Use the 5062 Rounded Corner Rectangle Die Set to cut out the paper and background paper. 






 Hello Ai Watercolor fans!

Time for another scene today, using the 5431 - WC Simple Scene Rocky River:

I coloured the entire scene stamp in Tombow #969/565, stamped it off, and then onto my Canson XL Watercolor Paper.  I added in the two deer from 5427 - WC Silhouette Deer both coloured in #969 and placed with my stamp positioner.  The mountains were painted with #533 for the farthest one, as it is a lighter shade, and #565 for the closer one, appearing a little darker.  I added shades of #N65 and #969 to my rocks, adding layers to build up the colour, and using #565 for the shadowy parts.  The hillsides and grassy areas were painted with #177 and touches of #076, again making it a little darker in the foreground.  I used 5010 - WC Tree Set 1, colouring 2 of the trees in #249 to add in the pine trees, and used the marker directly on the paper to add the trees way in the background.  I used one of the bare trees from 5372 - WC Mini Foliage to add in the bushes and gave them a few berries and bits of grass around their base.
I wanted the stream to contrast with the hills, so used #526 to paint in the water and dabbed it onto the sky.  I darkened up the undersides of the deer, and added a slight reflection in the water.



Check out the most recent watercolor tutorial from Bonnie on FB.


Kendra has a wonderful, Spring themed tutorial this week for her weekly Back to Basics.



Don't forget to check out the latest Deal of the Week.  It expires at 11:59 PST Sunday.


Enjoy your weekend and Happy Stamping!

No comments: