Thursday, September 29, 2022

Now What?? by Mercy Sauer

 Welcome back friends, I can’t believe it’s officially Fall!  Love the colors & the vibe!

For today’s card I had no inspiration, I wasn’t sure what I wanted to create, I was in the mood to color, not create.   Many times, I start my projects by just coloring cute elements, not really knowing what the card or project will look like.    Let’s take a look how this card was created!  As I mentioned, I just stamped and colored....just fun, no pressure.


Once I completed my coloring, I got inspired!    A nice warm Fall afternoon with hills and trees in the background.   The cute girl, a bird house…. a bird, let’s see!



I stamped the background and inked using distress oxide inks.   I completed my coloring using similar Copic colors, all on Xpress-it cardstock.  My favorite part of the card is the slim frame I die cut using regular rectangle dies.  Before adhering any elements to the background, I die cut the panel to the desired size.   I then chose two smaller dies to create the slim frame.  The difference in size between these two dies will determine the size of the frame.   I placed them on the panel, very carefully, to ensure all sides were even, and die cut. Then I popped up the center of the panel and the outside border, only leaving the slim frame adhered directly to the card panel.   It’s a great technique!  I stamped a sentiment directly on the grass but didn’t like it.   So I stamped a different one and die cut using a circle die, looks much cuter.  This card is going to my youngest daughter spending her first fall away from home.

My thoughts for the week, if you don’t have any inspiration, just color, die cut, make backgrounds, whatever is fun at that moment, or that day or even that week.   

Coming back to those elements will be fun and before you know it, you get your groove back!

 Happy crafting




 


2 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

Mercy, this card is gorgeous! Love how you created the frame around it!

Kreativestamping said...

Thx....i love the frame also