Saturday, January 14, 2023

I Love Big Cakes and I Cannot Lie! by Janet

 

I love big cakes and I cannot lie! I love these gals and all the fun they're having making a HUGE birthday cake. It's big enough for somebody to hide inside!

The image and sentiment come from a collaboration set between Hampton Arts and Art Impression. It's called SC0794 - Big Birthday Wishes. To make this, I cut a piece of alcohol friendly cardstock using the largest die from the 5062-Rounded Rectangle A2 Double Stitched Dies. Then I stamped the image and the sentiment. There's a lot of opportunity to use many colors of your choice on a set like this. I enjoyed coloring the ladies and their big cake. 

The finished panel was adhered to an A2 card covered in patterned birthday balloon paper. before doing that, I included three strips of washi tape which peek out on each side of the panel and break up the pattern a bit. I used a corner rounder on all four corners of the card so it would echo the shape of the panel. Finally I added two candle brads above the sentiment and three small glitter enamel dots to decorate the cake. These are from Eyelet Outlet.

Thanks for joining me today. I hope you enjoyed the project and that you have been inspired. Be sure  visit the Ai Store for all your card making supplies.

Happy Creating!

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest

No comments: