Saturday, April 8, 2023

Believe - Easter Blessings

Hello and happy Saturday! I'm looking forward to Easter Sunday tomorrow. We will be going to church and feasting on typical Easter food. It'll be a day of rest and relaxation at our house with our family. It's one of the best weekends of the year.

In honor of the day, I've made an Easter card featuring one of my favorite Windows To The World Set M3191-Chapel Window. The church reminds me so much of the home church I was raised in. I'm sure that many can relate to it also. I colored this image loosely with Copic markers. The style mimics watercolor. 

For this card, I embossed a white piece of cardstock with a cross pattern. I coated the embossing folder with oxide ink before running it through my die cutter machine. Then I splattered it with a gold glitter spray. After gluing the cross panel on the card, I used one of the square 5725-Nested Square Dies to cut through the panel and the card base. I also cut the colored image out using a larger square in this die set and glued it so it was centered through the card window. Then I used two more squares to cut a frame for the window.

To finish this card, I cut a strip of gold cardstock and stamped the Easter Blessing sentiment from 4886K-Easter Blessings. I cut the word Believe and glued it above the sentiment strip. The finished card is peaceful and reverent. I love it! 

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you'll stop by the store soon for all your card making needs. While you're there, make sure you check out the entire Journal line.

Wishing you a very crafty day!


Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest 

 

1 comment:

Sharon Caudle said...

What a pretty card, Janet!! I love this! Beautiful work!