Sunday, June 11, 2023

Cakes for all! by Reneé Matarese

 Hello Ai fans!

Today I have lots of birthday love for you!

The current challenge here on the blog is Midnight Snack.
Use food on your card.  This week I'm using cake!  I've created 3 cards.
One in girly pink, one using the same large cake in patriotic colors since
Fourth of July is right around the corner and the 3rd one is for my friend Bob
who will be turning 70 in about 2 weeks.



It's difficult to see but I used Wink of Stella on all 3 cards on the stars and candle flames.



These cakes are so fun and be colored any which way you think your recipient would love.



I love bling so much!  I added some sequins and some metallic stars to this one.




Bob is famous at school for his sweet tooth so these cakes and cupcakes are just perfect!



I tried something new on the inside of his card.  I basically used every stamp in the set.
I removed the Birthday Queen,  To the birthday girl and Treat Yourself sentiments. *I used that one on the front of the card.  I left all the others on the acetate index sheet.  I applied some tape to the acetate so it would adhere to my Stamp Perfect.  In one fell swoop I had the entire inside stamped.  I used one of the little cakes to fill in where the Birthday Queen sentiment left a space.  I like how it turned out.
I'll write his message on the left side of the inside.




Copics used:

Y13, YR0, B28, R27, R85,
RV10, C2, C6, T5, E00, E31


2 comments:

Deb H. said...

Wonderful birthday cards. I really like the fun inside of the card. A great idea.

Sharon Caudle said...

Renee, these are gorgeous!!! I love both versions! And I LOVE how you created the inside of the card! Genius!!