Thursday, July 6, 2023

Bonnie's Birthday Challenge #355

Hello Ai fans!

It's The Queen's birthday!
Queen Bonnie, our Queen Bee.



In honor of Bonnie's birthday, we're sending her birthday cards!
Her birthday is July 10th and we hope you'll join us in brightening her day.

If you'd like to send her some birthday wishes you can mail your cards here...

Art Impressions
ATTN: Bonnie
PO Box 20085
Keizer, OR 97303

We know you all love her as much as we do!

You DO NOT need to send Bonnie a card to play along in this challenge.  As usual, all entries are welcome.  You just need to create something birthday themed to play along.  Cards, tags, gift bags, gift boxes, birthday banners, cupcake/cake picks etc.

By pure coincidence it was my turn to be the featured artist for this challenge and I couldn't be happier about it.  Before I show you what I've made, I need to announce the winners of our Emboss like a BOSS! challenge.

Our Top Spot went to:
#10 Stephanie Serrano

She used AiCS40 – Spring Chicken Set




Please contact Leah at Feedback@artimpressions.com
to claim a free stamp set of your choice!
Also, be sure to grab our badge to display on your blog, Facebook or Instagram!

Our Lucky Random Winner was:
#18 Debbie Vanguilder
She was our final entry for this challenge which goes to show it's never too late to enter!

She used an assortment of watercolor stamps.




Please contact Leah at Feedback@artimpressions.com
to claim a free stamp set of your choice!
Also, be sure to grab our badge to display on your blog, Facebook or Instagram!

Now onto the card that I created for Bonnie.
I chose to make a shadowbox card using bees of course!







I started by making the front to my card.
I measured paper to be 5"x8" and then scored at 3/4" adn 1 1/4", flipped it around to the other side and scored and the same marks.

Then I glued designer paper to it just slightly smaller that the blue front panel. My DP measured 5 1/4"x 4 3/4".



I used 5727 – Nested Oval Dies to cut the opening.
Do NOT throw that piece away.  You can surely use it to matte something else.
(For me, my honeycomb paper is precious)
I used the 4"x3 1/4 " oval for this but you can use whatever size suits what you want on the front and what you want to be able to see on the inside.



Next, I cut a back panel in the same size and scored at the same lengths.  I just used white cardstock for the back.  It doesn't show from the front and matched what I wanted on the backside of the back panel which you'll see later.  I played around with what I thought I'd want on the inside.  I ended up using that flower on the outside front panel.  I felt it was too busy with the paper I used here.



I used dies from 5588 – Journal Oval Frames Die Set5589 – Journal Pocket Die Set5591 – Journal Rectangle Frames Die Set and 5592 – Harvest Journal Die Set. The little bees are from 5561 – Birds and Bugs Set and the sentiment is from 5279 – Be Happy Laugh Lines.  The bees are on strips of acetate that I doubled up to give it enough stability.  I adhered them to the back panel BEFORE gluing the front panel to the back.



Next, I decorated the front. The sentiment The Queen is from 5517 – Sassy Laugh Lines and it's stamped on a die from 5588 – Journal Oval Frames Die Set . The cute little banners are from 5719 – FB Fence & Window Set.



Now, on the back of the back panel I also wanted to decorate. The verses are both stamped on dies from  5543 – Journal Template Die Set and the star is from that set too.  Happy Birthday comes from 5735 – Birthday Sentiment Set and Everyone was thinking it is from 5517 – Sassy Laugh Lines.
















✻ Please make a new card or handmade crafty creation. You can make any item you wish; this is not limited to cards!
✻ Limit two submissions per person. You will receive extra votes if you use Art Impressions stamps!
 ✻Please include your first name and last initial on your submission.
✻We love to comment on your entries, but keep in mind if you use a private group or a platform that you need to sign up for, we probably won't be able to.
✻ The Ai Challenge is open to everyone, international submissions are welcome!
✻ Include a link back to the Ai Blog or grab our button on the top right of our sidebar!
✻ Share the Ai love if you can, by clicking and commenting on your fellow crafters.
✻ Make sure to get your link up by the deadline to enter your creations.
✻ Good luck and happy stamping!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

Lovely shadow box card! Thanks for the inspiration! Congratulations to the winners!

Sharon Caudle said...

Congratulations to both winners! I love them both!! Renee- your card is so bee-utiful!! I adore the bees moving and your colors, papers, design, everything is so gorgeous!! Bonnie is going to be over the moon excited to receive it! Thank you for this very special challenge and I really hope Bonnie is bombarded with Birthday cards!!

Deb H. said...

Congratulations to the winners. All the cards are beautiful

Hunky Dory said...

Happy Birthday to Bonnie!! 🎂🎉
Renee - your card is adorable! I love the moving bees. Bonnie is going to love it!

Beebeebabs said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Beebeebabs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.