Saturday, September 30, 2023

Finished Mini Friendship Journal - Friends For All Seasons by Janet

By now you have seen makes from the team using the new Mini-Journal Template and the many new sets made just for its petite size. From the minute I saw it, I couldn't wait to play with it. I've finished my first project which I'm calling my Friendship For All Season Mini Journal. It started out just with a simple friendship theme but as I continued working on it, I came to realize I was gradually covering all the seasons. I think it's so cool that it just came to be that way without me thinking about it. I published my pages steadily on the blog since my first post on August 19th. So let's take a tour of the complete book, starting with the book itself, blank pages and the cover. Ai Products used are: 5787 Mini Journal Template Set5832 Gnome Paper Pack5787 WC Mini Journal Set, and 5561 Birds and Bugs Set.


Ai products used on Page 1 are: 5493 Front Porch Valentines Set5797 Little Things Sentiment Set.. Products used for Page 2 are: 5787 WC Mini Journal Set5493 Front Porch Valentines Set, and 4051 WC Foliage Set 1. These pages represent the spring season.


Ai products used on Page 3: 5718 Mini Journal Template. I created a strawberry pie using the scallop die in this set and a circle die from the 5543 Journal Template Set.

Page 4 also utilizes the scallop shape for the sun. Also used are 5785 Gnomes Set, 5788 Whimsical Mushroom Set, and 4967 WC Fences Set. Both pages represent the summer season.


Page 5 is another pocket page. The pocket itself is from 5589 Journal Pocket Die Set. I made a tag using the 5718 Mini Journal Template Set and stamped it with a strawberry from 5795 Berries Set. It also represents Summer. The back of the tag is a perfect place to write a message to your friend.


Page 6 and 7 features the window die in the 5718 Mini Journal Template Set. I used the Front Back Gnome in the 5785 Gnome set and also little butterflies from the 5561 Birds and Bugs Set. Last, I added more mini mushrooms from the 5788 Whimsical Mushroom Set. These pages have a spring vibe.


Page 8 of the journal features a gorgeous basket of fall pumpkins, apples, and squash. This comes from 5598 Harvest Set. The sentiment is from 5734 Friends Sentiment Set. It represents the fall season.

Page 9 features the house image from 5787 WC Mini Journal Set. I stamped the house and drew in a path and colored in the sky and grass. The sentiment is from 5734 Friends Sentiment Set. I framed it with a die included in the 5718 Mini Journal Template.  The patterned paper on this page and throughout the whole journal features pages from the 5835 Mini Paper Pack. The mini patterns are perfect for the small pages.

Page 10 features a pocket and two mini tags plus a plaid background. All are made with dies included in the 5718 Mini Journal Template. I don't love my handwriting but it does personalize a project in a special way. I included my handwritten, "Hello," on this page.


And that leaves the last page, #11. This celebrates friendship in winter and ends the journal with a special message. Ai products used are: 5791 WC-Snow Globe Die Set and 5734-Friends Sentiments Set. The background is made from Tree Glitter Washi Tape and White Glitter Washi Tape. 


And that finishes my first mini-journal project! I sure had fun working on it. I am looking forward to my next one. It's going to be Christmas and winter themed. I can't wait to get it started!

Thanks for stopping by today and special thanks to all of you who followed along with me as I made the journal. As always, I hope I inspired your own ideas and I invite you to stop by the store to see all the new releases for your card, journal, and tag making projects. Have a wonderful weekend!


Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest 

2 comments:

Deb H. said...

Very cute and creative. Just moved the mini journal template higher on my wish list.

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful journal, Janet! Each page is so awesome! Fantastic work!