Saturday, February 3, 2024

Treasure the Little Things

It's February and I'm already dreaming about warm spring days. What's more spring than a cute little gnome taking a nap under a pot of beautiful geraniums? That was my thought as I created my card.

I started by stamping the pot and gnome from the 5785 - Gnomes Set. I did not ink the very top of the pot or the tip of the gnomes hat. I wanted to leave that area blank so that I could stamp the leaves at the top of the pot using the new 5825 - Geranium Set. This is intended to be more of a watercolor set but I found I could get a nice look with the stamp using a loose Copic coloring technique. I stamped the leaves with green ink and the flowers with dark pink ink before coloring. 

The next thing I did was color the pot and the gnome. I added stripes to the pot and the gnome's hat. Then I shaded the ground below them and added some sprigs of grass. I also added a very light blue halo around the image. 

I cut the main image out with an oval from the 5065 - Oval Double Stitched Dies. Then I used the 5727 - Nested Oval Dies to cut out two more ovals to use as mats. Next, I made a gate folded, A2 sized card base using dark navy cardstock. I cut mats out of 5835 - Mini PP and added a strip of grass washi tape at the bottom of each panel. Then I glued the panels in place. I added the oval piece but glued only the left side of it so the card flaps can open. Then I stamped the sentiment from 5797 - Little Things Sentiment Set on a piece of matching cardstock and heat embossed it. I fussy cut a banner around the sentiment. To finish this card I added two pink pearls and a jewel. 

Isn't it so true that we need to appreciate the little things to appreciate the bigger things? I so believe this and I can't wait to share this card with a friend who has had a bad week. I know this will give her a little lift!

Thank you for joining me here today. You'll find several new 2024 releases in the store already so check them out to see what you can't live without! Happy weekend!

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest 

2 comments:

Deb H. said...

What a cute Spring card. I like the colors of your triple circle frame it would be very easy to change this card to a summer card by just changing the colors of the frame. Thank you for the wonderful idea.

Sharon Caudle said...

Your card is absolutely adorable, Janet! I love it!