Saturday, February 17, 2024

You're Really Going Places! by Janet


 Happy Saturday everyone! It seems like everyone I know is going on a cruise lately. I am not so lucky but with Art Impressions, you can take yourself all kinds of places so today, I am cruising!

The stamped and colored images are from an oldie but a goodie, 4932 - Pack Your Bags Set. I'm not sure how it can be but this is the first time I've used this set! I was a little intimidated by all the details in this but I see now that was a silly fear. All those details make the finished images even better! I appreciate that I didn't have to draw a shirt pattern on the lady. Soooo easy!

This is an easel card which means it lies flat when closed but then stands up with a hinge mechanism when opened up. It requires a stopper to keep the easel open. In this case, I used the cruise ticket. By default, when it's open you see the inside so decorations on the inside are seen when it's displayed. In this card, I used two layers of wave border inside. I highlighted the wave tips with white ink so they'd stand out and give more dimension. In the photo below, I took a top down view of the card so you could get a good view of the stopper. So much detail in this ticket!


Sometimes creating a background is hard and when I feel stuck, I often turn to images I can find online. The cruise ship is a graphic I found on Cricut Design Space but truly you could pick from many ideas available on the internet. In the end, I chose this one because it still had a graphic look and the colors matched my theme. I printed the ship and then colored the water and sky around it. I also drew and colored a simple wooden dock at the bottom of the image so the lady had  a place to stand.  Once I finished, I mounted it on two layers of complementary card stock. 

So let's take a closer look at the lady I used on this project. She was a blast to color and of course, I used some bright pinks and blues. I'm a color addict. The brighter the better it seems! I had a last minute inspiration to add a white pearl necklace and bracelet with white acrylic paint. I love how that looks! I also colored up the luggage, life ring, airplane and camera. I should also mention that I used the flag included in the 5718 - Mini Journal Template Set to cut out the sentiment. I mounted it with a jewel brad and hung the camera off of it. The detail in the cruise ticket is really amazing. All in all, these are truly adorable images!


Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you'll stop by the store to see all the things you need for your card, journal, and tag making projects. 

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest

4 comments:

Deb H. said...

Janet I really like the background of a 🚢 as your background. Total gives the card a vacation vibe. A very cute card.

Cynthia said...

Love your Cruise Ship easel card, Janet.

Sharon Caudle said...

AWESOME card, Janet! Wish I was going on that cruise! :)

StreamNexus said...

Happy Saturday! Your cruise-themed easel card is amazing! The details in the Pack Your Bags Set add such charm. The wave borders and highlighted tips are a clever touch. The cruise ticket stopper is a unique idea, and I love the top-down view. Ehsaas Program initiative is commendable! 🚢🎨 #CraftingForACause #EhsaasProgram