Saturday, March 9, 2024

Easter Tulip Slimline Card by Janet


 It's the season of Lent and I'm so glad that Art Impressions offers faith based stamps and sentiments. I find art is a perfect way to express my beliefs, especially as I create cards to give to friends and family for Easter. This year, Ai has added some beautiful Easter sets for just that purpose. Today I've made a slimline style using the new 5894-Small Easter Tulips. These are lovely blooms for the season! I put them in an Ai basket that is part of the 4111-WC Containers set. The sentiment is a cutout from 5893-Easter S2 Scripture Pack. These are preprinted scriptures that are perfect for your cards and journals. I love that these are printed in a rich green color. If you haven't tried any of their preprinted scripture packs, I highly recommend you do! They're great additions to your card making and are quick to add to your projects.

I started with a piece of white cardstock cut slightly larger than the largest slimline die in the Ai 5463-Slimline Dies Set. I used a stencil to create the abstract background that reminds me of stained glass windows. I blended several oxide inks in pink, blue, yellow, and purple using the stencil. Then I diluted purple ink and splattered it over the top. I also splattered some water and blotted it up to get the bleached drop patterns. After it dried, I cut it out using the largest slimline die. I used three circles from 5726-Nested Circle Dies. The middle one was used to cut two widows in the inked panel. I then cut a white frame using the same die and another larger die. I stamped and colored the flower and basket and cut them out with the smallest die of the three. I glued the white frames to the inked panel and mounted the entire panel with foam tape on a slimline card base in purple. This give the panel just a little lift. Before I did that, I cut paper from the new 5892-Easter S2 Paper Pack and applied it so that it showed through the windows. I must say that I am in love with this latest paper pack. It has very pretty patterns and colors for the spring and Easter season. You can see in the photo below the layering effect that is very evident in person and creates a nice effect.


A very pleasant surprise is that Ai includes two silver charms with the tulip stamp. One is the heart I used and the other is a simple silver cross. They are perfect embellishments and the heart charm works so perfectly with the verse I chose. I used one of the smaller rectangle dies from 5724-Nested Rectangle Dies to cut out the verse from the 5893-Easter S2 Scripture Pack and another one to cut the purple mat.


The finished card is very soft, yet also colorful and fresh. I hope you like it as much as I do!


Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you'll visit the store to see all the things you need for your card, journal, and tag making projects. 

Janet YouTube - Blog - Facebook - Instagram - Pinterest

2 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

Janet, your card is absolutely beautiful! I love how you created a stained glass look for the background. Gorgeous!

Deb H. said...

Beautiful card to welcome spring or for an adult for Easter.